1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why can't this be popular in the States?

Discussion in 'General' started by Ex CCS Racer, Jul 10, 2002.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

The Demo,

Will be located right next to the RC car demo...........

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Tony, I'm with you on this one. I love the supermotard bikes. It's something about a 50 hp+, 230 pound stree legal bike with more cornering clearance than any sportbike ever dreamed of that really appeals to me. My current bike is a Yamaha SRX600 (not far from a supermotard), but my favorite bike was an XT600 with a Suzuki Katana front end. It handled great and no one knew what it was.

Last year at VIR, there was a guy racing a YZF426. I asked him if he had changed the front end for better handling. He told me no, that he had two sets of wheels - one set for roadracing and one set for motocross. Now that's dual purpose.

See Ya,

Darrin Talbott

3. werase643

werase643 Well-Known Member

Darrins' XT600 was really cool looking. I saw it once before he scrapped it into the SRX.

4. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

My motard army grows....:p

5. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Scary thought - the XR600R uses the same steering stem bearings as either an F2 or F3. That would be interesting.

See Ya,

Darrin Talbott

6. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

You guys will thank me for this.
    [​IMG]

7. mad brad

mad brad Guest

8. L

L Well-Known Member

You got it all backwards...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Supermotard was developed in this country on ABC in the late 70's and early 80's.:p

10. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Rumor has it that Suzuki is making a quad with a SV motor:eek:

11. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

So were leisure suits!!!!!!!!! But everyone stopped wearing them... well almost everyone (Right Mongo?!?!?! :D ).

12. mad brad

mad brad Guest

that shit was funny!!

13. RoastedRumpTard

RoastedRumpTard Well-Known Member

L

Those pics have to be from Australia. Only the Aussies would do something that strange. The spikes in the tires look like the are snowmobile cleats for use on icy snow and lake racing.

14. corien

corien faster pussycat kill kill

a bunch of guys up at loudon race the yamaha 426 mostly. it is getting pretty popular there. they are trying to create their own class, but that usually takes time.
    there is also a supermotard racing series starting up in PA.
    here is the link:
    http://www.supermotard-usa.com/
    some friends have participated and they had a great time.

corien

15. Tracee Polcin

I can't help it that you weren't born yet. :p

By the way I believe the last issue of Cycle World had a story on SuperTT here in the States. Don Canet has organized this on the west coast and I bet it will be on the east coast before too long. They even had a shot of Nicky hanging it out at a race.:D

16. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

That's perty. I'd buy one (like I have money). :D

17. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

I'd say because it's a half-fast effort of the real use of the vehicle. A cafe racer goes fast on the street, but faster on track, so people like them.
    A dirt bike goes well on the dirt, and even better on a dirt track, so people like doing that as well.

Here, IMHO, you've got fish out of water. You don't see people putting knobbies on their R6's and heading out to the MX track.

$.02

18. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

And now that I've scrolled through the other posts, I see that one retard has proven me wrong.

19. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Oh I was born... and yes I even did have one. It was tan with brown herringbone!

HOWEVER!

I stopped wearing it!

20. Tracee Polcin

:confused:

I was talking about the SuperTT bikes races.:p