1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who has the latest on the Verizon iphone?

Discussion in 'General' started by BC61, Dec 13, 2010.

1. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

So I can get a new Droid cheap but the offer ends Dec 24th. Is the iphone coming anytime soon? Should I wait?

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Nope, you'll be waiting a while.

3. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Venom51, but he told me not to tell anyone else.

4. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

My girlfriend keeps saying "Iphone will be available for verizon in january"

but I dont think she knows what she is talking about

5. RightSideUp

RightSideUp Well-Known Member

Just get a droid

6. daviid

daviid Well-Known Member

considering a multitude of things, apple has always released the latest iphone around june

7. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Get an android operating phone, the droid 2 comes to mind on verizon. I switched to sprint and the Evo, best move Ive made, and I was ALL about my iphone for several years.

8. AZ-MilleR

AZ-MilleR Well-Known Member

Rumors going around the Apple sites today are saying immediately after Christmas.

9. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

I have one.

10. Trev230EX

Trev230EX Put me in coach

Get a droid and be done with it. I bought a Droid X a few months ago and couldn't be happier. Everyday new apps are being released and the phone is about as rock solid as it gets.

The new Droid Pro is the bomb too from what I've heard.

11. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Verizon will eventually roll out an iPhone, but it will not even need a screen, because ALL the features will be locked out. Except the billing at $400 per month for bizarrely-named charges.

F Verizon. Crap service, crap equipment, lockouts on features, F Verizon.

12. TSAVO5150

TSAVO5150 ASMA #70

They told me the other day at the Verizon store that the droids are doing so well that the iPhone was no big deal to Verizon anymore, and not to expect it anytime soon.

13. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

Not sure if it's going to be on Verizon, but if you are going to get a Android based phone and they have it wait until the 16th for the Nexus S. It's a nice ass phone and on par with the iPhone 4 IMNSHO.

-steve

14. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

The rumor I've heard is that Verizon will offer data packages for the iPad early-2010.

15. 178SV

178SV now retired...

I'm sure that saleperson sits in on the board meetings at Verizon and has intimate knowledge of their business strategy.

16. HiSpeed48

HiSpeed48 Well-Known Member

I've heard that Verizon will have 4G cell phone service in Feb. but no word any new 4G phones. A new 4G iPhone would be pretty sweet.

17. karrotx

karrotx Well-Known Member

The most logical event is for Apple to announce, in their January conference, that there will be a 4G iPhone in June/July. Why 4G? Both AT&T and Verizon are using the same tech and chipsets for their 4G networks. This means Apple only has to build one device and be supported on numerous networks.

18. 178SV

178SV now retired...

And will that be called Iphone 5 or Iphone 4G? Even if Verizon and ATT will use identical chipsets for 4G they need to support their current networks for quite some time, CDMA for Verizon and GSM for ATT. There will not be one phone that runs on multiple networks.

19. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I thought one was using CDMA and the other was using something else?

20. The CHAD

The CHAD Well-Known Member

The new "LTE" that they are both going to be using is the same just on different parts of the bandwidth. The back up for when you are out of "LTE" service area will be CDMA for VZW and GSM for AT&T. Verizon launched the LTE network on Dec 5th (I beleive was the day), but they currently only have usb modems and LTE only supports data at this time as far as I know. I think AT&T will not have LTE avail until sometime late 2011 I think, of which will be a smaller footprint than what VZW launched with.