1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who has best prices for tran oil and 2T?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by grendels_arm, Mar 16, 2007.

1. grendels_arm

grendels_arm Sam Green Eggs and Ham

Anyone find a cheap place in the US for buying Motul 2T oil and tran oil? Looking for a place that gives a good discount when ordering a case or something. Normally I get Motul 710 and Motul 10w/40 tran oil from a place that gives a little bit of a discount per liter when ordering via the web. But some of it is lost
    due to shipping costs.

So if you have a good place you know about lemme know.

2. infinityreplica

infinityreplica Well-Known Member

I'll let you in a little secret for tran oil...........Royal Purple Synchro Tran.......we've tested it back to back on the dyno against Motul.....1 bhp gain on a 125...... 15 degreee less crankcase temp........you can find it at Autoparts stores just check the Royal Purple site for locations nearest you..

3. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

i found it at O'Rileys.
    and what about their pre-mix oils
    any good or is there a holy grail of oils when it comes to premix oil to use?
    i have a CR85 "mini"roadracer....

4. grendels_arm

grendels_arm Sam Green Eggs and Ham

You mean this?

"Synchromax® Manual Transmission Fluid"

http://www.royalpurple.com/prodsa/scmax.html

5. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

how does it work in wet clutches??
    any concerns there???

6. ayotte6pc

ayotte6pc Ding Fries are Done

Ok, This may sound strange and possibly dangerous to some. I assume youre talking about 2 stroke engine transmissions....

I used to actually run Dextron 3 transmission fluid in my RM 250 pretty much from the day I bought it from the dealer. I did frequent teardowns not because I had to, but as gen maintenance, and to also see what was going on inside. Never ever had a problem and the engine/trans components stayed well within tolerances. Bike seemed to run cooler too. Again, this was a dirtbike and not a road bike. There is obviously a difference.

I was no Ricky Carmichael, but I did abuse the machine. Im not saying do it, but I am just putting it out there that in my experience, it worked for that application. Lots cheaper too! Anyone else ever do this?

7. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

DO YOU KNOW IF THIS ELIXER WILL WORK IT'S MAGIC IN A WET CLUTCH BOX?

8. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Aren't the RS's wet clutch?

9. infinityreplica

infinityreplica Well-Known Member

Yes, that is what we use it in (wet clutch)......it also lets the clutch work when you first start it without having to rev the engine up to disengage the clutch....slicker then baby........@&*(

10. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

Thanks Frank- I did speak to the Royal "tech" guy today and he said say
    that it was o.k. to use it in wet clutch boxes.

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Yup.

12. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I'll have to try it out. I've been using Amsoil 10w-40 in ours so far. I wouldn't think it'd make much if a difference in power in a 65, but might make shifting smoother. :)