1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who else got F*cked by Dennis?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jeffro510, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Jeffro510

Jeffro510 Hand bra for hire!!!!

I'm sitting on my recliner in from of the TV, surround sound blasting the sweet sound of GP bikes through my neighborhood, drinking my Bacardi and Coke with 6 laps to go in the GP race when BLAM!!!! My power goes out. WTF?!?!
    That's what I get for not going!!!!:mad:

Glad to see the results that most expected with Nicky and Colin up front. :beer: Cudos to Val for picking up the pace and pulling his race back together...

Jeffro

2. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

not as bad, but lost the audio to the last 3 laps due to the weather channels tornado warning, some shit about duck and run for cover,:rolleyes: i was watching the race, screw that shit:D

3. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

get an uninteruppted powersupply, like for computers. it has a battery in it, i got a small one for $25.

4. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

That won't get the cable back on when it goes out.
    Unless you plan to equip the providers with enough to go around.:)

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah but it will run a DirecTv receiver which powers the dish :Poke:

6. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

right up to the point that the thick cloud/rain cover cause your TV to go into the "searching for satelite signal" mode.:mad:

7. scotth

scotth Banned

which used to tick me off all the time, until we got cable, and it went out as often. it even manages to get hit by lightning and blow up the vcr.

dish/directv, here I come (again).

8. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

That's because it's getting the same satelite feed as those on the dish....

9. scotth

scotth Banned

then the crooked ba$t&R)$ shouldn't advertise superior reliability.

what's freaky about the cable is that it'll go out under a clear blue sky in the summer, when the dish was always fine, in addition to other issues. in fact, storms don't seem to make it fuzz more then it always does, but the lightning strikes certainly aren't helping.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2005
  10. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

We got Comcast when our satellite provider quit carrying spped tv. They both go out. Problem wiht the statellite is we're on the flight path from hartsfield airport, plane goes over, lose the dish...of course I did lose sound on comcast during the last 3 laps of the race...

11. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

i've never had my charter digital cable go out, some times i cant get "on-demand"(its this thing where theres lsits of movies you watch and you can control them with play pause ff rw)

12. scotth

scotth Banned

we have comcast. I have very few good things to say about them.

13. 34D

34D Banned

I got to see the race, but I didn't get to do the open track ride with NESBA at Barber! Hurricanes suck!

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've still got my DirecWay dish on the house - I almost never lose signal :D

15. brianjohnson

brianjohnson Well-Known Member

Hey 34D, not to add salt to the wound, but the NESBA A-only day ran on a dry track from 8am until 2pm...

16. Jeffro510

Yeah, our power came back on in time for me to see the last 4 laps of the Superbike race (after the GP race), then the cable went out and it's still out now. I was telling my wife this morning that I bet the Dish Network still had signal. At least we have power and very minimal damage. Huge branch hit the side of the house in the middle of the night and scared the shit out of us, and my pool has more leaves in it than all of the trees in the neighborhood, but all stuff that can be cleaned up.

Hope everyone else is alright too...

Jeffro

17. MrGixxer1k

MrGixxer1k Well-Known Member

You guys should have spent the 4 euros and got the MotoGP.com package. no commercials, the regular commentators, lap times, podium celabration, post race interview all live.

18. Jeffro510

I was going to, and now I'm glad I didn't. When my power went out, my cable went with it. My internet connection is through a cable modem, I had nothing. That was my first thought when the power came back on, but with no cable I no surfy the web...

Jeffro