1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who Cuts Rotors

Discussion in 'General' started by pitchick317, Jun 11, 2015.

1. pitchick317

pitchick317 Member

Hey guys looking for some recommendations of where to send out my rotors to be cut. In the past I have always sent them to Jimmy Chance but now that he is retired and out of business I am looking for a good place to send them to. Any insight would be appreciated!

Feel free to message me, email me at [email protected] or text/call me at 262-424-6824.

Thank you!

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I don't know if Stan is still over at QMC (Jimmy's former shop), but I think he may be, and if he is, they'll probably still cut them for you. I'll ask Skip (Jimmy's son)if they still do that.

Edit: QMC is closed.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  3. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Interested as well.

4. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

Interested too.

5. dav612

dav612 Well-Known Member

I will do the rotors if anyone wants. My name is David Weber. I am the owner and operator of XT Racing (GPS data systems) and also Tovella Mfg., a contract manufacturing company. We have the equipment and know-how to lighten rotors and will do them for $75. We can also cover any other machining from 3 axis to 5 axis continuous machining that anyone might need.

6. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Weber to the rescue! Probably gonna use a robot to do it while he plays golf.

7. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Shipping info?

8. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

9. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Hi, you're my new best friend, in addition to a couple GPX Pros, I need some custom triple clamps and... wait, have I ever been served with a restraining order? That's an odd question to ask you new best friend...

Oh...

10. dav612

dav612 Well-Known Member

I wish... Not anymore. Too much work, not enough time. Now the robot just makes me do more work while it's running.

Shipping information - I am putting an information and shipping form on our website that you can print, fill out, and send in with your rotor.

Check http://www.xtracing.com/en/support.php later today or tomorrow and it will be on that page.

David

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

how do you cut them? machining , wire edm, laser or waterjet?

12. dav612

dav612 Well-Known Member

They will be machined.

13. pitchick317

pitchick317 Member

Thanks for the info everybody! I really appreciate it

14. dav612

dav612 Well-Known Member