1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who bitch slapped Sunshine?

Discussion in 'General' started by omatter34, Jun 14, 2013.

1. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

If he wants to "discuss" by setting up an argument, then he is the definition of a troll.

David

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

And I don't disagree with the bolded part, just telling you my personal experience with him, and that, as a human, he's ok.

On-Line, he frustrated me no end for a while when I was OMRRA President until I figured out how I needed to deal with him (on-line).

YMMV.

Argument, not as in getting into one, but argument as in "here's my position on the issue."

Again, he's a good person, just comes off poorly at times online.

YMMV

3. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

I have a couple of engineering friends that are like that. When I first met 'em, they got on my nerves pretty quick, but after a while, I just realized that's the way they communicate and I tend to ignore it most times :)

4. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

I guess I'm not very bright, but I just don't get why people who are supposedly 'actually decent in person' behave like such complete dickheads online. Such behavior would certainly lead one to believe that they 'have issues'.

5. Uh, I think that was actually Bill Withers that said that.:D

6. How long is the ban?

Webcrush length or non racing related video length?

7. CowboyRR

CowboyRR Well-Known Member

BS. By tolerating the behavior you enable him. He is jerk - pure and simple - and he most likely thrives off the attention. IMHO

8. Jedb

Excellent Metrics!

:beer:

9. Jedb

Which is why I don't engage him past a certain point.
    I say things once, state my opinion/facts, then move on.

10. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

The big softie Mongo should be banned for giving him another chance last go round. :D

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

I think he is a prior offender. Not sure if that impacts anything.

12. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

No, the fact that that's a rushed, shallow, and very inconsiderate judgment of his character is what's pure and simple.

Chris is among the finest people I know; in many ways I consider him one of my role models. The fact that you find his forum persona grating is your problem. He doesn't follow anyone around and force himself upon them; anyone who doesn't wish to engage him has always been perfectly free to pass up the opportunity.

13. 418

418 Expert #59

Yup, class act.

Seriously, guy might be alright face to face but on the beeb he's been nothing but a douche nozzle.

14. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

great so tell me whre the escape key is on the "on screen" keyboard so I can exit a powerpoint pres without the keyboard or mouse?

15. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I work with a guy like that. Every conversation with him contains one of the following, "I hear what you're saying, but..." and/or "...I'm just playing devil's advocate."

He's considered a douchebag of the highest order. If one feels like its their job to take a contrary position, then they're not really making friends or providing something of value...

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I would say that right now, it is sunshine's problem. :D

17. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

True, but Me First and the Gimme Gimmes did one bitchin' cover of it.

-steve

18. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

I think it is perfectly acceptable to think someone's online persona is terrible while in person they can be great. If someone is a nice person in real life, that shouldn't mean everyone MUST appreciate their crap attitude online.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Brad is, from what I hear, a nice person in person. Online, not so much.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I got no issue with him online or in real life. Well, once I did and told him so.