1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White VFR Not mine

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by ToofPic, Apr 3, 2023.

1. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Did you ever hear the story about the launch of the first year VFR all white bike? The OEM for some reason put a gag/can't ride order to the magazines but let them peek at it. So one of the magazines put a rider on it at the top of a hill and let gravity take it's course. And their photographer tilted the camera for the picture and so they could scoop all the other mags!

ToofPic likes this.
  3. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

LOL! No I did not.Was it the limited edition white? My roommate had one,when we both worked for a Honda dealership like the one in this pic

1986-vfr700.jpg

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I don't remember, but journos in those days got away with so much. For a good read look up the book the bad editor. It's a pretty good read about that stuff

ToofPic likes this.
  6. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Top 5 all time best looking bikes IMO. I had one for a few years. Bodywork breaks just looking at it. lol Great platform though.

ToofPic likes this.
  7. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Would love to have one of those 8 spoke wheels for my 98 VFR, damn wheel is worth more than the rest of the bike.

8. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Those 8 spokes are gold for sure. Last 2 I missed both sold for $350+.