1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which one would you choose?

Discussion in 'General' started by CRA_Fizzer, Jan 8, 2017.

1. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Yep, another generator thread but I have narrowed it down to these two. Just can't justify the cost of the Blue or Red Brand for my limited use. So please don't go there... :)

Champion 75531i 3100 Watt
    or
    QBlue 3600 SI/E Boliy Wireless Electric-Start Generator

I found a used 2015 Boliy for $750 on craigslist.
    Costco has the Champion for $700 right now.

My use is for occasional dry/boondocking camping and a trip or two to Road America.

I would put it in the back of my truck to help with any noise issues.

Which would be the better choice? Remote start is not essential.

Thanks in advance.

2. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I'm on a few RV forums as well and it seems Champion has a pretty good reputation with those guys as an alternative to the usual 2 brands.
    Not familiar with the German one at all.

3. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

That's what I've seen as well. Just hoping someone here has experience with them.

4. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Honda :D

V5 Racer likes this.
  5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I'm not opposed to buying a brand I'm not familiar with, as long as the reviews are good. You can learn a lot from reviews. Out of those two, I would go with the Champion. My brother just bought a Champion model 100222 3400 watt gen for $400 at Cabela's.

6. Go with the Champion. I know 5 people with them and 4 of those are ones that are jobsite used and abused. They swear by them.

7. caboose

caboose I love peanut butter!

I have the Champion 3100 and I'm very happy with it. Not quite as quiet as a Honda or Yamaha but it's close. For $700 I think it's a solid choice.

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've seen several of the Champions around Shanny, pretty quiet and haven't heard of any problems.

9. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Kurt and I have used the Champion for 2 seasons and been very happy with it. Mark Merical has been running the same one as well.

10. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Couple guys on a job site at my work are using Predators from Northern tool and supply. They have been happy with them so far. Second the champion. I know a few people who have them and like them pretty well.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Jessica Alba, I'd choose Jessica Alba.

12. casjoker

I always liked her pretty well too! :Putter:

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

[​IMG]

casjoker likes this.
  14. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Champion. Have their 2000w inverter one. Going on 3rd season with it. Still reliable as hell. Reasonably quiet now. Was insanely quiet new but once the muffler was 'broke in' it got a tick louder, but still you can talk right next to it under load without yelling.

15. casjoker

Thank you steeltoe, thank you very much!

16. motomadman217

motomadman217 Well-Known Member

is neither a option?

17. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

I just bought the champion, it's a nice generator.

If you're serious, I would get on it soon. When I looked around Christmas, that model was around 740. A couple weeks later when I decided to pull the trigger, it went up to 780. Now amazon has it at 800. It's still a good deal, but less and less as the price goes up.