1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which high roof van should I get?

Discussion in 'General' started by buzz-06, Dec 13, 2023.

1. dudutzu

dudutzu Well-Known Member

Which 3.5? There's the 3.5 ecoboost(turbo) version and then there is the natural aspirated 3.5. Unless the 3.5 natural aspirated wasn't available in 2016/offered till later

2. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

I thought all of the 3.5’s were turbo, and the NA was the 3.7.

3. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

They have the 3.5 NA superceded by the 3.3 NA

4. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

Oh schnap, just found out there's a 3.2 inline 5 turbo diesel option in the Transits also.

5. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

The transit forums are full of opinions about which engine is best. I like the Turbo (ECOboost) for the torque. The ECOboost also appeared in 3x as many F150s and there is a Ford dealer in every small town in America.

The Ford dealer network did save my bacon once when I needed a fuse replaced before crossing the desert. The fuse was unreachable despite my front seat acrobatics. A dealership in Bakersfield got me set up and it only cost me a couple of hours of drive time.

-T

6. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

I’m kinda old and I’ve never heard of a vehicle going through 3 transmissions. Did he call the Guinness record book people? Does he know D =drive and R = reverse , not destroy and race?

7. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Avoid the diesel like the plague. Lots of issues with them around 100k and they are super expensive to fix. Its all emissions crap that goes to hell. I know first hand of a bunch that have all had issues.

To me the 3.7 is the choice if you want the least headaches. The Ecoboost is killer but anything with turbos is pretty much destined for issues as the miles pile on.

8. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

Appreciate all the input guys, think I did pretty ok. 2020 148wb mid roof with 35k miles and 3.5na engine.
    render.93F8D270-8C0F-4412-8B48-C3EF3DF91882.jpeg

9. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

Enjoy it.
    Post build pics when you get around to it.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.