1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which crate for Fowardair.com? Small or medium??

Discussion in 'General' started by SPDKLZ, May 2, 2009.

1. SPDKLZ

SPDKLZ Well-Known Member

I am diligently trying to get a track bike and shipping seems to be the way to go since everything good for sale seems to be a bazillion miles away from TX.
    I got the forward air website locked on, but they only go to Dallas and that is 300 miles away from my hometown. so I am checking on cost effectiveness of driving to Dallas or getting a door to door guru.

I am wondering if a typical sport bike can fit in the small shipper provided crate forward air has on their site. They list three sizes...small, medium and large. I am overseas right now, so I can not measure my street bike to get an idea.

What do you guys typically use for those who have used forward air to ship and crate?

Thanks,
    Rodrigo

2. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

figure most bikes are between 6' and 7' long x 3.5' to 5' tall
    from looking at their website i say get the EXC Container thats 98"L x 44.6"W x 47.6"H

3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Medium.

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Consider uship.com I've used them a few times with no problems and it is less expensive, plus it is door to door.

You put up a request and then people bid on the shipment. Two of the times I've used them there were also spares and bodywork and they moved that as well for no additional charge.

Good Luck

5. doc750

doc750 Well-Known Member

+1 on uship.com

If your flexible on the dates, and times, it was the cheapest way to ship the bike

6. SPDKLZ

SPDKLZ Well-Known Member

Thanks...got some uship quotes and they look better than forward air...AND door to door like you guys said. Now I just have to find a track bike or get the guy I am trying to buy from to answer his emails. Have a ushipper that can get it tomorrow!!!