1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which classes can I race a ducati 999?

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by rg999, Feb 14, 2013.

1. rg999

rg999 Member

Like the title says, thanks

2. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

You'd better be really good.:beer:

3. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

ASB, F1, HWTSB, HW Solo Depending on how it's set up ASS & HWTSS, if your over 40 SSB

4. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

5. rg999

rg999 Member

Thanks. Is there a place where all the classes are defined? So I can see what Ill be racing against? Maybe a way I can check my laptimes against my class laptimes before I go get smoked. I am 48 btw

6. Gorilla

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

8. rg999

rg999 Member

thanks for the info and links.

9. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Is the bike THAT underpowered in those classes?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  10. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Checking the charts.....

Looks like a stock 999. 144 h.p. (STD) or about 140 h.p. SAE. 999 produced 2003 to 2006. An FBF 999R makes 158 h.p.(SAE) @ 9500. But who has an FBF R bike?

[​IMG]

Compare to an '05 GSXR 1000 by spl170db, 179 h.p. @ 11,500. (SAE? but don't really matter)

[​IMG]

Or a smaller, more modern bike built by EDR, 2012 GSXR-750, 160 h.p. @ 13,200.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Nice comparison! Thanks!

The 999 also qualifies for BSS/BSB,(up to 1000cc 4T twins) no? That's kinda where I was thinking it'd be more competitive? And since I'm turning 40 tomorrow, the senior classes as well. <insert wheelchair smiley here>

12. Gorilla

Yeah I think it does the 1098 is legal for B classes.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes it does work in B - your best classes will be twins tho.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. 1098 was too fast so that's the first of the big Ducatis not allowed in the 750 class.

15. rg999

rg999 Member

My bike has 135 rwhp but except for jumping out of corners, Im pressed to stay with a quick r6 with 108. Racing against a 1098 would really not be fun

16. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I too have been in those places. And, I always felt that the rate at which the stock motor spins up is a significant disadvantage. V7HW seems like a nice home. (ducking in my bunker now).:p

17. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

That bike fits a ton of classes, so go out, have a bunch of fun, that's what club racing is all about. Don't worry about horsepower. I was all worried about that when I started on an old GSXR750, but discovered that the racing was close and fun.

Another child in Senior SuperBike...sheesh! (J/k, come out and have fun with the gray-haired geezers. we'll be nice to ya.)

18. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

That 160+ rwhp 2012 GSXR750 we built for a track day customer is VERY SUPERBIKE! (made 164hp on MR12 btw)

No way you could even pass in a SS/Prod class...most you can get out of 2011+ 750 in SS/Prod build w/MR12 is upper 140's.

But the 160+rwhp GSXR 750 sbk/track day bikes are a BLAST to ride.... :up:

Attached Files:

19. shakenbake

shakenbake Looking for my Burrow Owl

140 LOL! Im my dreams. I have an 03/04 non deep sump motor, about 120'ish on the dyno. The 05 and up (deep sump) and 03/04 999s motors make about 130'ish.

That being said, corners are what its all about. Anyone can go fast in a straight line. Just go out and have fun

20. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

The 999 is a great chassis and bunches of people go wicked fast on them, many prefer the chassis over the 10/1198 iteration. If Iremember right Mr. Polen is one of them, and consistently went quicker on a proper 999 than the new dog.

Go race that puppy. Twins classes and B classes and youll have a blast.