1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Brand Laptop?

Discussion in 'General' started by ekraft84, May 25, 2010.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

If you're buying 4 lappies a month, maybe your understanding of their expected durability needs to be adjusted. :p :Poke:

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I had the feeling that sentence didn't sound right. :D

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Get that feeling often do you?

4. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Yup, so long as it's running on XP or Win 7. :D

5. six6two

six6two AWD

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

lenovo, hands down

7. JeF4y

JeF4y Sweet Tea & Grits!

That's like asking what Rupp motor is best to put in your GSXR-1000 superbike frame...

8. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I am with Kanatuna and Dave K.

I have an Acer Aspire 5000 that has basically been bomb proof for many years. Other than maintaining it they way you should regarding memory and drive maintenance, it has never required any emergency attention or crashed on me.

I should be getting a new one soon just because my Acer is up there in age, but since it is working so good, I keep putting it off.

But I wouldnt hestitate to buy another Acer. I wouldnt mind an Apple, but when I can get a Windows laptop for 1/2 the price, and I am familiar now with Windows and have never plonked around on a Mac, it just makes me gravitate to them. I know though Macs tend to run better and dont have virus issues.

9. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

The files are IN THE COMPUTER!!!

[​IMG]

10. jcclx1

jcclx1 Well-Known Member

MacBookPro. Not that I usually care about what they say, would have bought one anyway, but read their laptop ratings their latest issue.

11. -1badr6-

-1badr6- Well-Known Member

Macbook Pro; I would never go back.

-Nick

12. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Hey, they're your Francs, spend them however you like.

Me, I prefer hookers and blow. :up:

13. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I was mostly happy with my bottom-feeder Toshiba until a few months ago when it started randomly shutting itself off. It doesn't feel like it is over heating or anything handy that would be easy to troubleshoot, it just dies. Sometimes I can use it for several hours at a time before it dies, sometimes I only get a few minutes out of it, and other times it just runs until I shut it off. Sometimes it starts right back up, sometimes it doesn't.

Now I'm looking for a MacBook of some sort.

14. Tim McKinley

Tim McKinley Salty Member

I bought a 17" HP (DV9200) in late 07 and hauled that thing all over the world, twice (incl the desert, and that place eats computers) with only a hinge issue which was covered in a recall (painful process that one was)...until two weeks ago when I got the video card/black screen. Worthless now. Won't do HP again...

15. alocker

alocker Well-Known Member

This thread has backed up my recent conclusion about computers, they ALL SUCK!

I wish I had the cash for a Mac.

16. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

IPAD

J/K, I just had to say it.

I'm a Toshiba fan myself. On number 4 and 5. First 3 outlasted their batteries.

17. Chip

Chip Registered

I am on my third Toshiba....but it might be a mac book pro for the next one.

18. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

Thinkpad

19. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Commodore 64, bishes! Eat your hearts out! Yah, I said it!

20. Kam

Kam Well-Known Member

Lenovo/ IBM will outlast them all.