1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Bike Would You Get??

Discussion in 'General' started by scoob4fun, Oct 19, 2009.

1. scoob4fun

scoob4fun Well-Known Member

Hey Fellas,

I'm in the market for a liter bike. I was pretty dead set on the 08 CBR 1000 because of the crazy deals.....However, I have always really liked the Ducati and am looking for a salvaged 1198S.

This would stricly be a track bike. Of the two which would you guys recommend? I know the Duc will cost more and parts are more but im expecting that if I do go that way. So if you guys had to choose which would you get?

2. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

CBR More money for parts and less on Dealership Service.

3. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

08 cbr1000rr

4. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I am biased ))) CBR is a mean bitch

5. pucksdown

pucksdown WERA #9

initial cost and better resale

6. LKJ

LKJ Banned

09/10 R1

7. Unless you have intentions of eventually racing in the twins class, i would go with the CBR.

8. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I threw my hat into the CBR ring for next year, but I'll be damned if a set of spare stock rims aren't nearly impossible to source.

9. From what i have gathered on different forums, the A-SS/A-SB classes are going to be full next year with most of the bikes being new CBR's.

10. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Oil companies around the world rejoice :D

11. <-----works for an oil company :D

12. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

That's why you need a second bike - one set up for the dry and the other set up for the wet...
    :beer:

13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the squirds are hoarding all the parts!!!

14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Oh and the buell 1125s are rumored to be sold cheap... around $5-6kish otd new!

15. scoob4fun

I actually dont race, I'm just a serious track day junkie. I try to ride at least 12-20 days a year on various tracks on the west coast.

16. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Not a bad idea....

:D

17. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

hard to pass up an 1125r at the price they are going for and Harley is backing them for 7 years

18. scoob4fun

If they weren't so damn ugly I would consider one but I honestly dont think I could ride one of those. Plus, with Buell going out of business who knows how much longer parts/service will be available. I know what HD says but honestly its still a question mark on what would happen.