1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's Melkman?

Discussion in 'General' started by Pitdad42, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

I've got fuel injectors that need cleaned and don't know where to send them. Contact info for Melkman would be appreciated

2. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Beat me to it ^^. It's all on the website.

4. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

How do you guys know you need your injectors cleaned? Is it just a maintenance item after x miles or x races or x seasons you get it done? Or is it something that you clean as a result of an issue or you checked your injectors and they seem to have an issue? Only need it when running race gas that can mess up injectors or is it just a general recommended service?

5. Pitdad42

We were having power issues with the bike, error code for upper injectors on computer.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  6. Pitdad42

7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

It's a cheap service and they send you a flow chart. Sometimes they are good, other times they need love. For me, with a bike that has questionable running issue, I send them and within a few days they are back and I know and trust their work. And they replace all orings.

I've never had an issue with that company.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  8. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Just say "Michelin" into the mirror 5 times.

He'll show up Candyman-style.

Odilup, 418, MachineR1 and 7 others like this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

or just bump the Carrillo rods thread :D

Ducti89, Potts N Pans and Phl218 like this.
  10. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Like your posts on getting a minivan in new SUV or car threads...:beer:

BigBird likes this.
  11. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Or that Michelin SUCKS!! :D

12. Same here, money well spent.

13. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

That's going to get a bump soon anyway:D

14. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

this would be a decent indicator .. if a code will show a specific injector error, move that one and see if the code follows the injector.
    it's not a bad idea to have em done once a season or so, or if you are gonna spend time and $$ on the dyno. If they are cleaned later, and pick up a little flow rate (back to like new), your map may be rich after the service.

As Rob said bove, injectors are funny. We see bikes that have sat for 2 years or more, have no increase in flow rate after service. Then other times, there were huge increases, and some were even stuck closed, after a similar time sitting. I don't see chemicals restoring a really clogged injector that has hard deposits, but seafoam or other fuel treatments being used as a preventative measure, when a machine will be stored (even between races), can help stabilize the fuel and help prevent ethanol from getting nasty in there.

I'm heading to PA for a national enduro (18 hr drive) so call me if ya have any questions! please include that form from our website . Jim and Brian are around so there won't be any delay.

TLR67, Pitdad42 and BigBird like this.