1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wheres lopez, ulrich?

Discussion in 'General' started by brian, Dec 9, 2001.

1. brian

brian Well-Known Member

i guess i missed the release. where is grant lopez going for '02?

2. TOE-KNEE

TOE-KNEE Guest

yeah,the guy finishes 3rd in f-xtreme and 4th in f-usa.maybe it was a move toward youth.how old is kipp?

3. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Maybe his contract was up and it didn't get renewed. It is strange that there was no mention of him leaving (unless I missed it) or another team picking him up. [​IMG]

Could it be that he pissed someone off and he's swimming with the fishies? [​IMG]

4. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

Which reminds me, I was so buried in work last night I missed the Sopranos.
    Fuhgeddabowdit, right?
    Look what I found, just for Tardholio [​IMG]

5. John Ulrich

John Ulrich Well-Known Member

His contract didn't get renewed. As soon as he gets a new ride, and his new team issues a press release, you'll see it.

Why didn't you complain about there being no Chandler-is-gone release from Kawasaki?

Grant Lopez is a great guy, I have been glad to back him through thick and thin for years, and I wish him the best.

But I made the decision that a change was needed at this time, and I made a change.

6. brian

brian Well-Known Member

i thought maybe i had missed the release. i've seen several releases to the affect that chandler didn't have a ride for 02. i just didn't see anything for grant lopez. i knew that valvoline backed him for a while now and didn't know what the status was ex:injury, taking time off, etc... theres nothing wrong with change actually sometimes it helps a riders drive. fires him back up.

7. GSXRGIRL

GSXRGIRL Guest

I had been wondering the same thing...thanks for asking the question brian. [​IMG]

8. John Ulrich

Interesting point regarding "youth movement" question:

Team average rider age in 2001: 20.3 years

Team average rider age in 2002: 26.7 years

The goal is to win races and championships with the minimum possible amount of drama and crashes, and to do that you need just the right combination of rider/mechanic/team.

And sometimes you gotta change your bet, role the dice and see what happens...

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

John, you gotta admit, the math hasn't worked out in favor of the more mature riders at the end of the season.

10. John Ulrich

Well, Mladin did beat Nicky...

11. John Ulrich

And Jimmy Moore beat the kids in 750cc Supersport...and Filice beat the kids in 250cc Grand Prix...and Montano beat the kids in Pro Thunder...

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm talking about the crashing on your team...

13. ysr612

ysr612 Well-Known Member

is Ben still on Board

14. John Ulrich

Oh yeah, you're definitely right there, and in that sense, nothing has changed, because last year the crash damage ratio was 3:1 with the young guys on the good side of the deal. That's what I mean about rolling the dice, but the new year hasn't started and hope springs eternal...

15. John Ulrich

YSR, no. He's going to be riding for Attack in 600 and FX.

16. Texracer85

Texracer85 Guest

I know its been posted somewhere, but what is CU riding next season? 750's only are you going to unleash him on the superbike guys with a 1000?

17. John Ulrich

Some FX rides, primary mission is 750 SS.

18. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Oh well, so much for this thread turning into rumors and hearsay of the evil things that were being done to Grant in the back of the Valvoline truck for crashing so many bikes this year. [​IMG]

19. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

Hey I found that one a week ago. Check the posting pictures thread....
    It sure seems to fit doesn't it.
    ------------------
    www.teamshouldercheck.ca
    www.motorcyclecourse.ca

[This message has been edited by TSC_213 (edited 12-11-2001).]

20. pseudocode

pseudocode Well-Known Member

OK, there may be a curse at work here. After Grant wrecked at Road Atlanta last May, the can off his exhaust was pitched into the garbage and I picked it up as a souvenir. In June, I used it on my gixxer for a track day and highsided. I'm not suerstitious. But...