1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to send Tech Air 5 vest for service after it deploys?

Discussion in 'General' started by sbk1198, Jan 23, 2023.

1. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I have a Tech Air 5 vest that deployed after a lowside crash and I need to send it in to re-packed/re-charged. I've contacted Alpinestars directly via their "contact us" page but I've heard nothing back. Does anyone know a specific phone number or email to use for this service? Or are there any Alpinestars service centers that can also do it?

2. HookieRooker

HookieRooker Active Member

No personal experience with tech air, but Astars website has multiple phone numbers listed. I've called them and spoken to a person everytime during business hours when I had a question about their product. Hope this help.

3. HookieRooker

HookieRooker Active Member

4. saintlaurent

saintlaurent Well-Known Member

Spooner and 418 like this.
  5. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

I thought the big sales pitch on the Tech Air 5 was its supposedly dealer replace-able. Did you ask your dealer?

6. 418

418 Expert #59

Who in their right mind would let their run of the mill dealer touch safety sensitive equipment? And I think what you're thinking of is distributors, like STG and the like.

OP hit up the email addy mentioned. They were on the ball when I dealt with them few months ago.

sbk1198 likes this.
  7. sbk1198

Yes I asked the place I bought it from and was told to contact Alpinestars directly. I also thought that maybe distributors can do it, or places that are service certified, but wasn't sure if that's right. Certainly not something that any dealer can do.

Thanks. I sent an email last night so I'll give it a couple of days and see if I hear back.

8. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

I literally drove in front of their office today about 2pm, want me to stop in and ask? :crackup:

9. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Apparently even that is less intimidating than doing a phone call.

10. sbk1198

Looks like Alpinestars support just sucks. After a few days of not hearing back, I called their 800 number, and spoke to someone who told me to email the customer.us1 email which was provided here (though it's not listed anywhere on their site or app or owner's manual), and I told her I did send an email to that and haven't heard back. I was told to give it another day or so and I'll hear back from one of their techs. So far it's been about a week. Guess I'll just keep waiting...I just remember when they rolled out with their airbag vests initially one of they main selling points was how quicker/easier/cheaper it is to get them serviced compared to Dainese. Don't know about that now....it could be a much easier process. A simple digital form on their website that you fill out and submit, get a confirmation number of some sort, and send your vest in, done! :confused:

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Send it to Pit Bull.

12. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Hey man, don't shoot the messenger. Their whole plan was to move some of the service burden to authorized service centers, I'm assuming to get trackside support too.

It took 7 months to get my Tech Air Race repacked.

https://www.cyclenews.com/2021/03/article/alpinestars-releases-race-mode-for-its-tech-air-5/

13. sbk1198

Update if anyone will be in the same boat in the future....Seacoast Sport Cycles in NH can apparently do it and the technician there said he can have it done in a day or two so it shouldn't take long to get it back.

R/T Performance, 23103a and VT701 like this.
  14. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Yeah they have been working on an east coast service center so it sounds like they are the one. I'm surprised you're not hearing right back on the repack though, Ryan is usually extremely fast to get back to people. I honestly wonder if he was on vacation or something.

15. sbk1198

I actually just got an email back from Alpinestars this morning. Who sends work emails on a Sunday?? lol Either way...too late now, it's already on its way to NH.

16. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Ryan does haha! Like I said, he's usually very much on it so I'm betting he was out of the office for some reason.

17. Josemedina424

Josemedina424 Member

How many deployments did you get on race mode? Some say is 2 like the race vest but no confirmation yet

18. sbk1198

Tech-Air 5 is only 1. One and done. Gotta send it in after that.

19. SeventeenRR

SeventeenRR Well-Known Member

If you’re on the east coast I used Seacoast Sportcycle. Cost was exactly as expected, and turn around was same day. Their CS was super nice and couldn’t have made it any easier.

ETA: I see I’m a little late…

sbk1198 likes this.
  20. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Nice to know. Hopefully never have to use them.