1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to install transducer for XT Laptimer 97 GSXR 600

Discussion in 'Tech' started by gixserman, Sep 4, 2003.

1. gixserman

gixserman Well-Known Member

I'm going to pick up one of these lap timers

Where do you guys install the transducer for XT Laptimer
    97 GSXR 600 race bodywork
    also what about the display... do you bolt it to something or just velcro it to the tripletree? wireties ?

Thanks
    Gixserman

2. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

The Receiver needs to be in a place where it has a clean sight of the transmitter/becon Use velcro to stick it where you can see the display. I would recomend to get the 6 foot cable and run the receiver on the tail best place for a clear sight path the cost is the same

3. gixserman

I've seen a few people who have had theirs on top of their tail section on other bikes is this what you mean or under.....
    does it just have to be pointed at the transmistter but can be behind the bodywork or is it a line of site thing ???

Just wondering as seems like if you had a get off the on top of the tail mounting location could get expensive.

Thanks a lot
    "D"

4. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

We have ours on the tail and have crashed a few times:) and have not lost one yet. The main reason we use METAL boxes, if you break the cable we can fix it cheap. I use a little velcro and a zip tie to keep it on the tail. Yes the reciver needs a CLEAR line of sight to the transmitter to work. Anything that get in the way will block the signal(infared) so that means it can not be under or covered by anything:)

5. gixserman

Thanks for the help,
    I tried to pick one up at Blackhawk this weekend but the vendor there didn't have any at the track.... Will pick one up at the next track day.

"D"