1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to find Clamp-on Frame Sliders?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by TrentThomas, Nov 10, 2004.

1. TrentThomas

TrentThomas .........

I've seen the sliders that mount using a collar that clamps around the frame tube, but cannot seem to google up any...

Who knows where to find and what's a good price?

Thanks.

2. andy342

andy342 Well-Known Member

MB Motorsports used to make them for the SV650.

Axljak (sp) makes one that looks damn near identical.

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Axle Jax. Don't know about MB.
    I never really liked the AJs on my SVs.
    What kind of bike you puttin em on?

4. TrentThomas

TrentThomas .........

MZ Skorpion.

On my current Skorpion, I drilled ~1/2" holes through the frame and mounted generic 3.5" sliders. I drilled at a point with triple bracing, and used the cheapest low grade bolts i could find, on the theory that the bolts would bend before the frame.

This system worked well through several low-side crashes.

I have another Skorpion for next season, and I wanted to explore the options before drilling the new frame.

I looked at the AxlJak site, and those are not the ones I saw. The collar was much wider, like about twice the width of a clip-on clamp. Ever seen these?

Thanks.

5. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Got some used ones I can sell u.

6. TrentThomas

TrentThomas .........

Gixxer,

Got some details? Or pics? What bike were they on? $$$$ ?

Thanks.

7. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I had them on my 2000 SV but got solid mount ones instead form BRG Racing. I have to get them to take pics of them and then I will email? to you, they are in my garage and have to dig them out. I* will try andf get it done today.

8. TrentThomas

TrentThomas .........

Hey Gixxer,

Thanks a lot - but another guy has already given me a set to try out. If they don't work, I'll look you up. My in-laws live in Raleigh, so maybe we can get together sometime when we're over that way.

I appreciate the offer.

And Gary - I'll probably be looking you up for some VP. All sorts of new frontiers to cross with this new bike...

Thanks for the help, everyone.

9. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I have been digging around for some sliders for my Superhawk. I don't want to drill the frame, but it looks like I may have to. Anybody have any ideas, please share.