1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to buy Kel Tec 380???

Discussion in 'General' started by MarkB, Feb 23, 2009.

1. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

I know...dumb question. But I was at a gun show in Rome at the weekend and no one has them, seem to be hard to find.

So, any good gun shops in NW GA?
    Or any good online places to get the Kel Tek 380 3AT???

They had the 32's, but I recon the 380 is the way to go. Plus I want the laser attachment, so I can use the gun during powerpoint presentations too :up:

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Buy some 20lb fishing line to go with it. That way when you have to throw it at someone you can haul it back and throw it again.

:D

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

4. TheJames

TheJames Feelin lucky?

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nice prices but everything fun is out of stock.

6. TheJames

TheJames Feelin lucky?

i ordered a glock from there a few months ago. site said it was out of stock but it wasn't. thats probably not the case most of the time though.... great customer service

edit- the prices are lower shipped than the listed map. i thought that was cool too

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  7. MarkB

But if you buy outta state you get hit with the shipping and then a fee from your local licenced dealer etc.

I liked the one Mongo listed, gonna call them tomorrow....tx:beer:

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Mark, why do you want a .380?

9. TheJames

TheJames Feelin lucky?

i paid 513 total for a glock 22

10. hdrk2006

hdrk2006 Well-Known Member

Good luck finding one even at adventure outdoors. I ordered a Ruger LCP .380 from Adventure Outdoors a month ago. I don't expect to see it for at least another month, maybe 2. I did however get my Crimson Trace today :)

[​IMG]

I picked up a Springfield XDM .40 to play with in the mean time.

11. lrrs311

lrrs311 r6racer311

How do you like the XDM? I'm seriously considering that one.

12. hdrk2006

I've only got 100 rounds through it so far. It's a nice gun and I like being able to change the backstrap. It makes me look much better than I am. It's a little big for a carry gun which is why I'm buying the Ruger.

13. hdrk2006

Another thing Mark, if you're considering a .380... if you find ammo anywhere, grab it! So hard to find anywhere with it in stock these days.

14. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I thought Limeys didn't like the things that go bang. I guess the south done got to 'im.

15. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

Big Woods Goods FTW!!! I bought my wife's .380 there, and the armorer has worked over both my Mauser and my Krag. Great prices and good peeps work there.

Second vote goes out to Forsyth County Pawn. 211 Atlanta Road Cumming, GA. I got my Kel-Tec PF-9 there, and noticed their new & used Sig prices were hard to beat (at the time).

BTW - Consider the PF-9 instead of the .380. 9mm X 19 instead of 9X17 in a package roughly the same size. It's worth it. :up:

16. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Mark, he just said you want a girl gun

17. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

the only places around atlanta i've seen a p3at were at tucker gun off lawrenceville hwy, and at candler pawn shop(actually a great gun store). but its been random, call first. the other place is at the firing lane in athens. i bought one there over christmas when i was in town.

i was like 976-fizr at first, i thought i wanted the pf9, but the 380 is actually still a good bit smaller, and i wanted a really small pocket gun, so the 380 was better. neither gun is a gun you want to shoot at the range all day. although the 380 is a small caliber, its a handful in the p3at.

and like someone else said, the ammo is almost non-existent right now. if you see some, buy it.

18. MarkB

Thanks for all the good advice!
    I'll make some calls then take a trip to the ATL to pick one up.

Why do I want a 380? (DaveK)
    I've thought alot about the various scenarios, especially in view of the chair. And they split down as follows:

Suprise attack from behind, and knocked out of chair:
    Pretty much screwed. No time to get the gun which will be in my "man purse" under the chair. Does it matter what size the calliber is when I cant even reach for my chair? In this case having a gun doesnt help at all. It might even be stolen or used on me when it is found.

Face to face robbery:
    This is where the guy tells me to give him money. I explain I have to get it from the bag under my chair. The gun and the wallet are next to each other. I decide at that point which one to bring out, depending on wether the guy has a gun to my head or a knife etc.....

Threatening situation:
    When things just dont feel so great. Can't put a finger on it...but....gas station at night say. Gun would be small enough to have out without being seen - held between my thighs, handle sticking up as I wheel along. Could bring it to bear if anyone even looked like they might get too close. The size of the gun is key.

My other decision is where to put the gun. I could use strong velcro to put the gun under the seat. However, getting to it is easier said than done - you have to put the chair brakes on first for one thing.
    Thats why I'm thinking the man-purse would be better, right at the back of it.
    A holster on the down-tube would be most prctical, but not exactly "concealed".....

Thanks again for the input :beer:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  19. MarkB

Here is a good pic of the chair for reference....

btw - this is what you call Southern (British) redneck paraplegic style...
    [​IMG]

20. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member