1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to buy hardware?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Chaplain45, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Chaplain45

Chaplain45 Well-Known Member

Where are you guys buying nuts, bolts etc
    I'm not trying to bash any company, just looking for another option other than probolt. Thank you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

tawzx12r likes this.
  2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

McMaster-Carr.

3. Chaplain45

Love mcMaster-carr! Sometime I get same day delivery if I order early in the morning. However they lack a lot of aluminum and titanium bits that sends me searching the www.

4. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

McMaster and Fastenal

5. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Ace Hardware almost always has the weird things that are needed on the bikes. If not, I use RonAyers.com to get replacements.

400kg and TX Joose like this.
  6. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

the AceHardware by my house has a significantly better selection than the HomeDepot or Lowes. thats where I get all my non-specialty stuff, like race fairing bolts and washer.

for moto-specific bolts, I just use my local dealer cuz it comes in quick and they are super nice to me.

7. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

Ace is great but you get bent over real hard for some things

8. Chaplain45

I'm usually looking for TI in metric for load/weight bearing and Aluminum metric for all the other doodads. Never seen a metric titanium anything at my Ace. Pro-bolt has great selection but hate waiting over a month to get the stuff.

9. neckbrace

neckbrace Well-Known Member

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I think you live in S. Cal, but not sure where? This place has a great selection, my guys often go there when sourcing hardware.

http://www.mcfaddendalehardware.com

When I raced karts, you I was able to source all kinds of oddball metric fasteners from them.

Juice Man likes this.
  11. Mran556

Mran556 Well-Known Member

Tru value.

Any hardware store.. important stuff like caliper bolts, rotor bolts, cam bolts etc.. I order oem.

Anything else is at the hardware store.

12. Chaplain45

I'll try these guys next time.

13. Chaplain45

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Our hardware stores (Lowe's, hd, ace etc) have very limited metric selection. In addition I'm not building a house, I'm building race bikes, so looking for titanium and Aluminum fastener supplier other than probolt-usa. Preferably drilled heads.etc

14. Chaplain45