1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are all the vintage racers?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by reknelb, Apr 22, 2001.

1. reknelb

reknelb U must have Klingon blood

Where is everybody? I'm sick of reading and talking about R6s, GSXRs. Let's hear about some projects and events in the north east.

2. penton

penton Well-Known Member

my v6 ,d-super,light solo,formula 2 1989 gsxr 400 project.

3. reknelb

O.K. that's a start. Where is everyone racing this weekend?

4. tattoo guy

tattoo guy Pimpus Maximus

I dont have a race until 5|12 and it will be on a modern bike but I do race vintage as well.

5. boaide

boaide Well-Known Member

Got back from Summit Point last night. Very good turnout

6. RICKY LOVE

RICKY LOVE Well-Known Member

TGPR 4/28. VF500 Interceptor. My very first race ever, should be interesting.

7. still novice

still novice Guest

I don't race with WERA yet, but Fasttrax starts next weekend. Got an '79 or so, SR500 or two....same motors in two slightly different chassies.

8. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

TGPR next Saturday, Formula RD bike. First race weekend in quite some time. Bike number is 97.

9. Greg Gabis

Greg Gabis Slow Traffic

Fasttrax 3-hr endurance on the '89 GS500. still novice, look for #223 (we may even have Bob Weber on our team [​IMG] )

Putnam Park Road Course 5/12-13 with the SRX6. V4, Clubman, LW Twins, and F2 or D-super

[This message has been edited by Greg Gabis (edited 04-22-2001).]

10. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

I was up in Hiawasse, NC getting in touch with nature and escaping Atlanta for a couple days. I will be racing a CB350 at Talladega on Saturday. My next project is to rebuild a street bike CB450 motor.

Buff Harsh

11. reknelb

I,m not a WERA racer either. RACE series starts 1st weekend in MAY. Test days are this coming weekend. Any of you gonna check out the brand new track in Cayuga Ont.? Nelson Ledges is the closest track in the US to me, that's why I race in Canada. Last time I went to nelsons to watch it was a dump. Any Improvements in the last year? How's the actual track surface? Guys I race with says the layout is really good but the place is in rough shape.

12. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

This Saturday at TGPR will be the first race since the all vintage event at Roebling. Can't wait to hit the track.

BTW, Mongo. RICKY LOVE just reminded me of something. Do we have anymore WERA pins for the WERA newbie hazi... I mean welcome ceremony?

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oddly enough I do have a few set aside for "ceremonial" purposes [​IMG]

14. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

[​IMG] ?
    poor bastards [​IMG]

15. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Surface is rough but with lots of grip. It looks & smells like a dump but you will be hard pressed to find a better group of people,racing or working.

On the fasttrax weekends for $120 you will get 2 races & 4 gate passes (If you need more, just ask) The races are 10 & 12 laps long , not 6 or 8. If you happen to have a very small bike, we have two classes that you will find bike no faster then a GS 500(lite twins) or a 500cc thumper(GT 3)

Check out www.fastone.com for more info.
    Bob Weber, aka lizard
    Fasttrax & Wera #84
    Tech, grid & gas dude Plus all around gofer.

[This message has been edited by lizard84 (edited 04-23-2001).]

16. still novice

still novice Guest

Now thats scarry.....What if Bob gets hooked on a "modern" bike? will that be the end ? Will Bob break out the cash and buy something newer than '80s vintage?

17. Greg Gabis

Greg Gabis Slow Traffic

18. still novice

still novice Guest

19. Greg Gabis

Greg Gabis Slow Traffic

still novice,

Originally, Joe Zysek was going to race with us, but due to a recent career change, this weekend isn't going to work for him, so Rich invited Bob.

We also have Pat Kenny on board. He was part of Red Hot Racing (if I'm not mistaken). Red Hot was the 1993 Heavyweight Production WERA National Endurance Champion.

We're not going to do all the races and we're using a GS so he's coming out with us just for the fun of it. Legend has it he was pretty quick around Nelson, too.

Believe it or not, some other WERA racers and I are going to flog the GS in some National Endurances this year, too.

Vintage endurance... [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. reknelb

On the fasttrax weekends for $120 you will get 2 races & 4 gate passes (If you need more, just ask) The races are 10 & 12 laps long , not 6 or 8.

$130 canadian will get me 2 classes where I race. That includes a practice session and 6-8 lap heat race for each class on Sat.. A practice session and final 10-12 lap race for each class on Sun.
    Another $30 can. will get you a third class. Plus the facilities are nice, Showers, bathrooms, grandstands, etc.. I still might come down for an endurance race with my friends

[This message has been edited by reknelb (edited 04-25-2001).]