1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are all the V7 MW in the southeast?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by nhammond54, Apr 29, 2015.

1. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

Got in to this class this year expecting a full grid. Ends up it's just me, my brother, my nephew and Mitchell Bruce. I guess it doesn't matter, I can't seem to get in front of Mitch anyways. But was just wondering if anyone else was going to come out and play in this class this year? Let me know. My brother and my nephew may not get to run the next round and Mitch said he started a new job and may not come. Would like to have someone to run with at Roebling May 30.:up:

2. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

I retired for the 3rd and final time, i think. Ran accross a race prepped ZX6R Monday and lined up to look at it Wednesday and the dude took a deposit on the bike Tuesday and sold it out from under me arg!

I bought and revived five old ZX6R race bikes while racing the V7 class. I tried to build the grid for folks. Sold the bikes but never saw anyone them come out and race :(

One of the ones I built was frame up. Powder Coated frame and wheels, new paint, fresh engine, near new Hindle,
    rebuilt suspension, all new chassis bearings and seals, etc, etc and it probably wont ever get raced......

V7 has a great bunch of folks!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  3. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

Well unless you let my 1985 FZ750 in the class, I can't help.

4. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Ill be down at Roebling at the end of May. Hopefully someone else will show!:beer:

5. nhammond54

you and me that's at least 2

6. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well i have been trying to build grids too. But no one wants to change anything to open it up so more people will chase the championship. I did all those rounds last yr and WERA messed up and put all my races at NOLA. I will be at Barber in July.
    I see you guys started racing in V7 and thanks for showing up.
    All you guys who sit buy and follow this should help me out in changing the points so you can have a chance to make a run at the yr end championships.
    This is the only time i will talk about this till next yr.

Be safe and see you at Barber.

Steven Isenhower #52 2001 V6

7. June-yer

June-yer Well-Known Member

I'll be your back marker some time this year. I've decided to quit crashing.

8. Steve 976

Steve 976 Well-Known Member

It will be on the track this weekend at NCM. Ill let you know how it goes.

9. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Dayum.....I thought you "retired"? :Poke:

10. Steve 976

I am, sorta.

11. CharlieY

Me too, Kinda:D

Good to see you around anyhow holmes.:up:

Have fun at the trackday.

12. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

I think we all kind of are!

13. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

To retire you have to have had some sort of racing career in the first place.

Steve is a sort of mythological figure, he was very rarely seen, he would appear suddenly when least expected and would never turn up when he said he would.

14. CharlieY

Dayum Scudder....somebody poop in your corn flakes today?;)

15. Steve 976

I am a legend in my own mind.

16. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

I like that!

17. nhammond54

Well glad I talked my brother in to going. Nobody else showed for V7 MW. Just me and him. Anyone coming to road Atlanta for V7 mw?

18. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

i might show up to watch.

19. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Only 2-3 of us at Summit too:(

20. jeff johnson 32

jeff johnson 32 Well-Known Member

No racers, No races. I guess I'm not one to talk since I won't be able to make Road Atlanta since I don't have the vacation days but I will be at Barber in July, VIR in August and CMP in September.
    If life is extra good I may get a wild hair and be able to drive down to Atlanta Friday night to race Saturday. Maybe?

Cheers