1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheel bearing question...?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Keep Up, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Keep Up

Keep Up N 142

I bought an extra set of wheels for my 06 yami R6. I had someone pull all the bearings and stuff out to get them powdercoated, and I was told I should replace everything in there since I was already pulling them...

but I don't know what all to order.

It is literally just the wheels and nothing else.

So what do I need to order to make my wheels ready to go on the bike again, and what should I expect to pay?

2. speedjunkie

speedjunkie Well-Known Member

you dont have to replace the wheel bearings as long as they were in good shape and they were taken out correctly. i have powder coated a lot of wheels and never had a bearing issue and put thousands of miles on the bearings after they were pulled and reinstalled.

3. Keep Up

Keep Up N 142

haha crap, I am past that point, because I just told the guy that took them out to trash them... my mistake

I'm looking on ron ayers to see what I might need to order

4. .RJ

.RJ Well-Known Member

You can get the bearing # off the outer race and then order bearings from other places, like Mcmaster - its usually cheaper.

5. Keep Up

Keep Up N 142

Thanks bud

6. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Call Dave at World Wide Bearing if you have any questions. He'll know exactly what you need. Great guy. Should be very competitive on pricing as well.

www.worldwidebearings.com
    973-857-6464

Feel free to mention my name if need be. I know him pretty well ...

7. speedjunkie

speedjunkie Well-Known Member

i havent had to get bearings for anything in a while but last time i did they were for and r/c engine and i got them from boca bearings. they were omg awesome. dont think they have them listed by bike but just measure them and see if they have em.

8. UberRacing

UberRacing Well-Known Member

I just did the same exact thing, except I saved all my parts so that I cold ensure I got the correct bearings. I ordered thru flatout motorcycles online, looked up the parts with the parts drawings.
    If you want bearing numbers I can send them to you....

:up:

9. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Full sets were like $12 from my local dealer, if my memory serves me correctly. They'll know whatcha need, I'd just go price them thru there and if it sounds at all reasonable, support your B&M shops.

10. TJ

TJ Livin in a bubble

Did you keep the center bearing spacer, dust seals, or oil seals? If you didn't you will need that in addition to the bearings.....

11. Dezmo

Dezmo addicted to the trackpipe

do NOT leave that out, nasty things happen.