1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's with photos of filthy vehicles for sale?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Oct 4, 2023.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I've been shopping used F-150s lately and am sort of shocked at the condition of used trucks in the Facebook marketplace ads. People make no attempt to clean up the interiors and I see big stains on the seats, center console, floors, etc. and garbage in the photos. Photos are usually complete crap quality, too. Is this a macho man thing? I mean, when I sell a car or truck, I detail the thing so it looks new and take the best photos I can. Usually results in more money in my pocket. Do people just not need money any more? I'm honestly baffled.

I see motorcycles with such crappy photos you can barely tell which model it is. Are people that delusional?

I ended up buying a '21 F-150 but when I met the dude and test drove the truck, I was amazed at how little effort he put into cleaning it up. After we shook hands on the deal, I told him to clean it up and he went straight to the carwash and tidied it up. WTF?! Kinda late! He probably could have got another 4K-5K if the truck was detailed.

TurboBlew likes this.
  2. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Have you not seen most track bike listings? lol

TurboBlew likes this.
  3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

People are lazy.

A. Barrister likes this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

If I want a car wash, I drive through a rainstorm.

If I want a vacuum, I drive with the windows down.

Don’t try and lowball me, I know what I got. :moon:

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

This is what triggered me LOL

Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 8.09.24 AM.jpg

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Im baffled by the amount of underwater private party vehicles on the market. Like a 2018 one I saw the gal was asking $45,000... with another person beside her on the title.
    Ran when parked is my favorite

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

F150? I see a lot of those, too. People asking $70K for a 2 year old Limited with 80K miles.

TurboBlew likes this.
  8. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

It's not just private sellers... I was shopping for my MIL a couple months ago and there were cars on dealer lots that were filthy, had shit not working and priced at above book retail.

9. Pride & Joy

Pride & Joy Well-Known Member

How about the rust bucket shells from the muscle car era for sale for $10K+? Many of them look like they've been "in place" for decades and wouldn't stand up to gentle wash, let alone a good scrubbing!

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Why were you even creating a search where that thing would pop up? :rock::D

Sabre699 likes this.
  11. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Restoration shows have f’ked that market. They overpay for very questionable cars, make a drama out of the whole process, then want mad money when it’s done…sometimes half assed. People think, hey, I can get that for my junk too.

Killswitch and stk0308 like this.
  12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I hate the ads that say "it's in excellent condition, just needs an $12 part"
    Why in the fuck don't you fix that part?

beechkingd, cm1744, JJJerry and 7 others like this.
  13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Jeezus he couldnt even be bothered walking out of the phone shop

Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 9.39.10 AM.jpg

14. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

People are buying houses without any inspection , dirty cars, why not? Current market is sofa king we todd it.

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

WTF are flower lamps?

stk0308 and brex like this.
  16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm just interested in where people's minds are these days. Everything seems to have changed since the advent of easy social media, a phone in every pocket and the 'vid. Wondering where all of this is going.

17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

You need to come and see it to find out.

R1M370 and motion like this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

wut

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

So fucking retarded

Sabre699 likes this.
  20. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

say it out loud 3x, in public:)