1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's up with Air Fence Fund?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mud Whistle, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

No online donation available, phone number is temporarily not working... they still taking donations? I haven't been on the beeb much, did I miss something?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The RRW Action Fund? No clue why the phone is down but they're still taking donations and still buying us all air fence.

sheepofblue likes this.
  3. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

Yes the RRW AF. Was surprised they took the online donation down and then weirded out the phone was down. Guess I'll mail my donation in.

TSWebster likes this.
  4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I haven't looked in awhile, but I wanted to add them as the charity beneficiary of a couple of ebay items, and they were not signed up to receive such donations. I wrote a couple of emails but never heard back.

Neither was Victory Junction Gang, but I wrote them as well, they replied with a 'thanks for the heads up', and so far they've benefitted to the tune of a couple hundred bucks from my sales alone.

As I understand it, it's just filling out a quick form and collect the money...

As long as they're a 401C3 that's all they need.

5. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Did you try...
    Or contact us the old fashioned way
    P.O. Box 1428
    Lake Elsinore, CA 92531
    (951) 245-6411 phone

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Nope. If you list an email, I would expect someone would at least respond to them within a couple of months.

7. That’s who I have selected as my AmazonSmile recipient and from what I can tell, it still works. When I order something I’ll get a notice of the contribution.

backbone and skidooboy like this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, 60 bucks so far via Amazon :D

9. I hate to admit this but we are over $100 in the past 5 months.

BigBird likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

You can do that? I had no idea. Gonna set that up right now, thanks.

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Cool!

Attached Files:

backbone likes this.
  13. backbone

backbone scarred for life

I'm barely over $1 on amazon smile. Gonna have to use it more though, it's a great way to keep the flow to the fund.

14. backbone

backbone scarred for life

JU, Has the RRWAFF been receiving any funds from smile?

15. For anyone that doesn’t know how it works, instead of the normal
    Amazon site, use this...

www.smile.amazon.com

It is the EXACT same site. Same stuff, same login, same ordering process, etc. Absolutely nothing changes except you can pick an organization and a % of each purchase will be donated to that organization.

cav115 likes this.
  16. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

.5% I believe.

17. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I talked to them not long ago when I made a contribution. The 800 number has been disconnected for a while now, and I think I reminded them they should edit the webpage. No worries -- call the office and it's painless.

18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Their customer service is excellent.
    You call, someone picks up the phone right away and takes care of you right away
    No waiting, no phone tag.
    And they're pleasant and cheerful.
    It's old school.

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Good News. Some time back I filed an application for my employer to match gifts made to the RRW Action Fund.

Today I was informed that The Walt Disney Company will match any donations made to the RRW Action Fund made by Disney employees and those of all it's sub-companies, through the employee Matching Gifts program.

stk0308, BigBird, cav115 and 4 others like this.
  20. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

http://www.roadracingworld.com/actionfund/
    Donate
    To help save lives and prevent injuries at the race track, call 800-464-8336 to donate by credit card ( M - F, 9:00 a.m. - 5 p.m. Pacific Time), or send your tax deductible donation to:

Roadracing World Action Fund
    P.O. Box 1428
    Lake Elsinore, CA 92531
    Your name will be added to our growing list of Road Race and Dirt Track of contributors
    ---------------------------------------
    all that fuss i made about "pick up the phone and just call" in that other thread, man, i'm disappointed :)
    Donate, donate often. the RRW facebook page had a recent fundraiser, with up to the $2000 goal, matched by Bill Gates and his wife. (yes, that Bill Gates)

G2G likes this.