1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the skinny on Atlanta Motorsports Park ?

Discussion in 'General' started by gpracer15, Dec 29, 2010.

1. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Im suprised we done have a round there! Seems like a nice place.

Can anyone shed some light on this?:up:

2. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Doesn't it need to be built first? :Poke::confused:

3. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

4. got40

got40 On hiatus...

5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

That's nothing more than some grumpy townsfolk. When it comes down to it, the venue will bring in tax dollars to the county, and revenue to local buisnesses. It may take longer, but it's a losing battle for those folks. Sooner or later, the attorney will want paid.

6. got40

got40 On hiatus...

I hope you're right.:up:

More tracks the merrier. The locals managed to kill the one here.

7. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

+1 :stupid:

8. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Hmm didnt realize that.

STT has several 2011 dates there on the schedule and AMP's website has photos of the track with cars and bikes on it so I thought it was done.

9. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

That was our initial thoughts on High Rock near Salisbury NC :down:

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No offense to STT but they've scheduled events at a lot of track that haven't ever panned out. I don't do that to our customers.

11. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

If you read all that is available on the subject..."Just some Grumpy Townsfolk"...is an understatement...sorry.

I like race tracks as well as anyone, however if I bought 70 acres to retire on and had my Home and Horse Farm all set up and the land across the street was bought by a developer to build a "Track" on, I think I would put up a fight also.

12. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

QUOTE=Britt;3372076]If you read all that is available on the subject..."Just some Grumpy Townsfolk"...is an understatement...sorry.

I like race tracks as well as anyone, however if I bought 70 acres to retire on and had my Home and Horse Farm all set up and the land across the street was bought by a developer to build a "Track" on, I think I would put up a fight also.[/QUOTE]

I would probably be right there with you. And not following due process on the zoning was not smart
    But a handful of landowners will have a difficult fight.

13. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

For the record......Bluegrass is the only track STT scheduled dates at under my watch that did not come to fruition. That would be exactly one track.

Edit....I talked with and visited with nearly a dozen over the years that did not come to fruition but that was part of my job.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  14. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Big chunks of undeveloped land can certainly be problematic and an big unknown for existing residents. The sure fire way is to purchase a buffer around your property or butt up against land that is wilderness, state or national parks, BLM, etc...

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  15. MINDOVERMATTER

MINDOVERMATTER You can't see me

I would place a track in my back yard

16. MINDOVERMATTER

:up:

17. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Or you buy land that is surrounded by Agricultural land just like yours, and expect to have zoning ordnances for the county followed, and when they are not, you either move off the land you have in this case owned for 15+ years and developed as you thought went along with existing plans in/for the area, only to wake up one morning and find...things have changed.

18. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

So would I, however I would ask my neighbors about it First..and then Respect their opinions.

19. MINDOVERMATTER

:up:

Not too many of them here

20. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

Amusing factoid from their (http://moveamp.blogspot.com/) site:

"Most hits was yesterday!!!", right after this thread started. i.e. they got excited by their hits total when 99% of that was from WERA BBS users. That's FUNNNY. Someone wanna call and point out their huge traffic #'s were from people opposed to their cause (other than Britt that is)