1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the oldest thing in your refrigerator?

Discussion in 'General' started by Lawn Dart, Aug 19, 2017.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

:crackup: When I moved back to Iowa in 2011, I house sat my parents home while they wintered down in Texas. I discovered several bottles of salad dressing and some other condiment type items that were over 10 years old. :Puke:

I'll have to see if I can retrieve my maple syrup saga report.

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

How old are cows before they become steaks?

3. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Me, most of the time unfortunately.

britx303 likes this.
  4. G 97

G 97 Garth

In a typical cow-calf operation a cow will be fed up to between 450-700 lbs. although 600lbs is pretty much a good average. At this time they are 6-10 months old at which point they are either moved to a feedlot or sold to a feeder who puts them in a feed lot. They are fed to 1,200-1,400 then taken to the processing plant. They are 14-18 months old at this time.

5. What are those?

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. fastfreddie

Huh. Doesn't seem very old. What about veal?

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Baby calves. Four to five months old. I hate veal only because if you have ever been to a veal "farm" it's a sick and disgusting thing to do to an animal.

BigBird and ToofPic like this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

If you want old meat, go to your typical mcDonald fast food joint. I'm sure they will have some ten year old cows and a few 15 year old bulls for you to eat. :D

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They're all children, man. Just like chickens. :D

10. fastfreddie

I heard McDs was the world's largest purchaser of cows eyeballs...I still like a cheeseburger and Big Mac on occasion.

11. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

I found an uncooked steak that the previous owners had left in the freezer from 2004 or so (as marked on the bag). It had fallen underneath the bottom tray and been forgotten. I found it shortly after moving in. Rather than throwing it away, I stuck it back in the freezer with the intent to give it to the previous owners next time I see them.

G 97 likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes, restaurant style.

13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

You should get one for the track.

Have y'all ever seen this sumbitch sweat? He literally turns beet red. Lol.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's all that crap he eats/drinks - and I'm not talking about the velveeta :D

15. :crackup:

I do run hot. I reckon I need a bigger radiator or something. :D

That's why Eddie's always bitching about the AC. Haha

16. Thank goodness you didn't apply the "crap" label to the Velveeta. That would have been blasphemy. :D

pscook likes this.
  17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Even better that he didn't try to add cheese, after.

That would've warranted the death penalty.

18. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

My beer, it's been there a day and that's a day too long

SuddenBraking and Sabre699 like this.
  19. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I have a container of home made chili in the freezer that is about 2 months old. To be fair, I have been on the road for 3 weeks now.

20. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

You must have missed the photos. Yes you can walk into it (it has a full size door). Not real big -- about 4 ft by 6 ft floor area and 7 ft high. Fits 20 kegs (5 gal) and many hams/salami plus a rack for various stuff like cellared beers, pickles, Kim chi and the like. Haven't worked out how many dead (whole) bodies would fit in there. Maybe ten all stacked in neat? :confused:
    OT: I've got some sourdough starter that I think dates to '08. I've got some beers that I think I brewed in the late 90's.:beer:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017