1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the deal with Nesba?

Discussion in 'General' started by EXKid, Feb 3, 2002.

1. EXKid

EXKid Well-Known Member

I looked at their website and it looks like they have their own race series. Is that right or do they just sponsor track days and such. I have noticed that the majority of their events are on the weekends, which is attractive to someone just starting out that does not have very much vacation time at work, whereas others do their track days on Monday or Friday. Would this be a good place for a newbie to get a start or would I be better off going with someone like Kinsey or Bargy? Also, does WERA recognize this as formidable training for their program?

2. 3-dave

3-dave Well-Known Member

NESBA runs track days. Very professional, moderated, (control riders with beginners and intermediates), and a ton of fun. I hear several NESBA dates equal a track school, but I'm no expert on that... I have done 4 weekends with NESBA, and it was great. I plan on doing most of their available midwest dates this year. Oh, and I am a member...

Dave
    NESBA #3222
    Blue SV #357

3. sportbikepete

sportbikepete Well-Known Member

I started with NESBA 2 years ago and it has prepped me to race which I am grateful for.

------------------
    97 GSXR 750

4. chaotika

chaotika Member

Great track day organization. Control riders spend a lot of time with beginners showing them lines and discussing how to handle various corners of the track.

CCS has a policy of allowing NESBA members to race after passing a written exam (scored by CCS). So essentially, NESBA members are allowed to race in CCS without having taken a formal racing school or class.

I don't believe that WERA has this policy

Keith
    YSR50 EARA #24
    GS500 NESBA #456
    SV650 Street

5. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

I would do both. There's no substitute for track time. Do a few track days to get your feet wet, and then schedule a Bargy day. I'm a dyed in the wool NESBA guy, but we don't do the mock races and certain other things I think you'd benefit from with a race school. I'll be down at CMP for the first weekend in March with NESBA. If you go look me up, I'll be control riding with the beginner class that weekend.

6. sportbikepete

sportbikepete Well-Known Member

And it will be easy to spot Dutch he will be the CR wearing the orange shirt and assless chaps!!!!!!!!

------------------
    97 GSXR 750

7. EXKid

EXKid Well-Known Member

Thanks If I get my show together, I will. Do you know what the price for the day would be in the event that I do become a member? I saw that it was $230 for a non member.

8. EXKid

EXKid Well-Known Member

Thanks If I get my show together, I will. Do you know what the price for the day would be in the event that I do become a member? I saw that it was $230 for a non member.

9. billryr8828

billryr8828 Member

Generally the member prices run between 140.00-160.00 a day for the event, basically the difference in price for one day will pay for your membership for a year!

------------------

10. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

I see you're in N.C. Also check out cornerspeed.net Lots of VIR days. Nesba is great also..

11. Prov431

Prov431 I know WU

EX-KID...Hey, I just signed up for Learning Curves race school at VIR in April. For 10$ less than the NESBA track day, you get the school and if you complete it accordingly, the diploma.
    I'm also signed up for 3 NESBA VIR days in May, August.
    If you have any questions, feel free to drop me an email.

------------------
    Dan
    #180 NESBA ~ N.C.
    96 CBR F3 Track
    00 ZX9R Street
    [email protected]