1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whatever happened to Pro-Thunder

Discussion in 'General' started by Jeff McKinney, Dec 12, 2001.

1. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

Being a club racer(me) & not being able to finalize your 02' racing plans really sucks,but what if you are actually capable of winning an AMA title?I called AMA racing today & they couldn't tell me where the PT series was going to run next year!If i was a guy with a 75 or 100 thousand dollar 748 ducati with a big budget team behind me with actual sponsors: and in december still didn't know where i was going to race next year i'd wonder just how pro ama pro racing really is?I guess it's a good thing that most of the sponsors involved in ama racing are inside industry;could you see telling an outside industry sponsor,yea i'm racing next year,but i don't know where!

2. tattoo guy

tattoo guy Pimpus Maximus

From what I heard Pro Thunder is running with AHRMA IN "02"

3. RoastedRumpTard

RoastedRumpTard Well-Known Member

Seems to me as someone interested in this class that the AMA decide to just screw the guys running this class. Then they put the 748 in the 750 supersport class when it isn't showing well in World supersport.

4. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

Both PT and 250 GP are going away in '03, so the AMA is not putting any effort into them. The 748 and the Buells were allowed in 750SS so that Ducati and Harley would have a place to run after PT is dropped.

5. mad brad

mad brad Guest

that settles it jeff,sell those silly twins and get a cool four cylinder!!!! [​IMG] DOC

6. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

Dude, you just can't leave anything alone, can you? [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. mad brad

mad brad Guest

actually i know jeff. nicest feller in the pits. he has a really cool motorbike collection too. BTW jeff i still have a vivid picture in my mind of you attempting suicide in turn 9 at savannah. [​IMG]

8. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

Ah, dude, I was just harrassin' ya. [​IMG]

9. corien

corien faster pussycat kill kill

a couple of questions:
    does anyone know why this is actually happening? is it because of small grids? lack of competition? or is it just lack of caring?

does anyone know why 748s race in the 600ss in europe and the world and are not allowed to race this class in the ama?

corien

------------------
    www.ducatiwomen.com

10. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

The AMA feels that the weekends are too crowded, that the large number of classes is confusing for the average fan. My prediction is that in '03 they will have Superbike, 600SS, FX and 750SS, with 2 Superbikes races at all events with the exception of the combined WSC/AMA weekend. They'd probably like to get rid of 750SS also, but SB grids would get pretty thin if that happened.