1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whatever happened to Jamie James?

Discussion in 'General' started by ProPerformance, Apr 19, 2005.

1. ProPerformance

ProPerformance Rather be riding

I remember watching him in the early 90's. Haven't heard anything after that.

2. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Last I heard, he was working with Ohlins.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Go to an AMA event and he's usually there. Working for Ohlins. He also did the Jamie James R1 and they sold okay. He also teaches at the Schwantz school.

So he's still around and just as cool and insane as ever.

4. surgin

surgin Well-Known Member

he also owns a restaurant.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Used to.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh yeah, he raced the GNF endurance race last year with two dudes who I've never heard of before. :D

7. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

i did swhantz school in '02 with him as my chase partner..he was fun (but slow in T1 at road atlanta):Poke:

musta been his sv650 vs. my TL1000R ( i think he was on a sv....foggy now,.... can't remember)

he was very fast in T7 tho!!:up:

8. Chip

Chip Registered

Jamie is the freaking MAN!!!!

As for what he is up to.....check Dave's post.......You can see him at all the AMA events, just for the love of god.......don;t go out and party with him.......he will lay you to waste......

He just built a wicked RZ350 and I told him he needs to bring it to cycle jam! Clubman guys beware!!!

9. mango

mango Ewah Felicitys underpants

His Ex doesn't even own it anymore. She sold it bout a month

ago. The French Quarter (was FR) is in walking distance

from my house.

JJ drove through the neighborhood one day. Had two JJ R1s

in the bed of his truck, and two on a trailer.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. holeman99

holeman99 Well-Known Member

jamie james

jamie and his old mechanic doug crawford are building turn key race bikes for club racers and ama racers. they have been building heath smalls r1 since late last season. so any of you racers out there that need a new tuner or don't have anybody building your stuff you might want to get in touch with Jamie James Productions in north carolina. doug also freshened up my superbike last year for mid ohio. They are both great guys no bs

11. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

12. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I still have that huge Jamie James P.O.P. from Yamaha hanging at the shop. :D

13. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Jamie James was one of the hardest guys on brakes I ever read about. Something about having to get extra bracing for the lower triple clamps because he was bending the fork tubes or something like that. That is tuff!!:up: :up:

14. TwoCycler

TwoCycler Well-Known Member

Jamie is one of my favorite people. No bullshit attitude and honest to a fault. It doesnt hurt that he also makes me laugh my ass off!

Rocky Stargel
    Team Stargel

15. BOLAH

BOLAH Me n Al @ Summit 04

I still have a VHS copy (somewhere) of Jamie and Larry Schwarzbach doing a thing for MTV's extreme sports, or whatever it was called, when they were teamates on Vance & Hines Yamaha. Jamie was a good, down to earth, dude.

Oh yea and I've got pics of my girlfriend sitting on his racebike at Charolette, around '91. Killer stuff. :up:

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

One of the most fun parts of the GNF last year was hanging in the garage while he and Doug and Kevin etc... prepped the Endurance bike Thursday night. That boy just ain't right.

17. MikeM

MikeM Well-Known Member

He is one class act. He is a great instructor @ the school. He can still hold his own @ Rd. Atl. He also makes us all laugh like there's no tomorrow. I've never heard an untrue mean thing come out of his mouth. They named some new dance after him, after one of the b-bque's. Quite entertaining...:beer: He taught a few of us how to schuck crawfish @ Barber last year. Even if you already knew how, it was hilarious to hear him re-explain when a new comer came to the table. He will talk to anyone and give straight up answers...:bow:

18. Tard

Tard Well-Known Member

this guy sounds like a real jerk!

:D

19. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

20. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

He can sure ride a mean wheelie. I took the Schwantz school last fall and he was one of the instructers. One lap he was leading me around and coming out of turn 7? onto the back straight he pulled the front end up and rode it all the way until just before the kink where it starts to go down. The front tire made a nice big chirp when he set it down because he was going so much faster than his front tire was spinning. Also a really cool guy.