1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What'd ya get for the SO for V-Day?

Discussion in 'General' started by auminer, Feb 13, 2024.

1. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

So neither of us were really in the popular set during childhood so we kinda splurge on every occasion we can.
    About 2 pounds Godiva and Neuhaus chocolate, a card and a day off. Her birthday is the 18th and she will get 2 more days off at Universal Orlando.

32 years of getting eack other stuff and I only fucked up once.
    I got her monogrammed fishing rods for Valentine's and a tennis bracelet for her birthday. It's brought up a lot.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Old-timer Joe Morris shared a V-Day birthday with his wife. I still believe the seeked each other on purpose because they thought it was cool. :D

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  3. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

4. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

What's wrong with monogrammed fishing rods? Awesome gift.

If mine is lucky, she will end up being part owner on a surface grinder I'm high bidder on right now :D. I'm paraphrasing a bit, but she said "she'd really love one" last night when we were talking about it. Some days I wonder if she really knows how lucky she is.

tl1098, CBRRRRR999 and Banditracer like this.
  5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Does child support count as being spoiled?:crackup:

motion and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

After 50 years together what more does she
    need than the pleasure of my company for
    the evening?

CBRRRRR999 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  7. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Married 10, together 13. We recently bought a Lovesac couch with the sound system; no special V-Day presents this year. Well, the couch was the present to each other. I was hesitant to get it, mainly due to the cost. However, after watching some movies on it and hearing the speakers and subwoofers, it's pretty cool; I gotta admit. I'll be watching Between the Hedges tonight, with the sound turned up.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

My daughter was telling me about those over Christmas. The other day I was at the mall and saw the store and sat in one, it is pretty impressive.

sharkattack likes this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

not again?

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  10. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

The definition of insanity:
    Repeating the same behavior; but expecting a different outcome.

CBRRRRR999 and BigBird like this.
  11. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

12. sharkattack

It's nice. You can customize the size of the cushions (deep or standard), the firmness of the foam, the shape of the arms, the fabric, the layout/configuration, and the sound system (or not get it at all). It showed up in a bunch (56,358) boxes, with everything clearly labeled. It took the two of us an afternoon to get it all put together how we wanted it and positioned in the family room. The covers are very tight; they fit perfectly. So far, I can't think of a single thing I don't like about it.

CBRRRRR999 and Boman Forklift like this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

the price?

rd400racer likes this.
  14. BC

BC Well-Known Member

$1600 bean bags and $6k couch's.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

I guess it's why Motion and Bird LLC exists

16. sharkattack

I want to say that ours was about $10k for 7 seats (L shaped with 3 seats per "leg" and one in the middle), two subwoofers, center channel, two seat backs with satellite speakers, two arms with satellite speakers, larger speakers, and wireless chargers, two ottomans (with storage in them). I can snap a couple pics tonight if you like.

When watching movies, the subs and speakers really make it so much more enjoyable. We watched Fury the other day, and the subs were bumping along with all the tank and machine gun fire.

BigBird and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  17. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

18. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

New chain and sprockets on the way. Picking up her new b-stone slicks tonight. Trying to have her as ready for me as possible.

tl1098, Bugslayer, rd400racer and 3 others like this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

make sure to lube it before use

20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

A couple of you mentioned watching movies, let me
    suggest Dog if you want something that she'll love.
    You'll like it also.