1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to races to choose as a PN?

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by TheScarpino, Jan 31, 2018.

1. TheScarpino

TheScarpino Well-Known Member

First time racing this year and planning to hit the Tally event if everything goes as planned. (Fingers crossed)

Based on the schedule, I have a question about signing up for event(s)

There seems to be handful of events my bike qualifies for to compete in. Since this will be my first ever competitive event (First race as a PN), I don't want to sign up for everything under the sun not knowing if I will even want to compete any further than my first race. I want to say "YES...THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!" but......there's always that 1% chance that its not my cup of tea.

SO currently I qualify for:
    A SB Novice
    F1 Novice
    Integrity RV Senior SB Novice
    HWT SB (?)

Let me know if I have missed something.

Bike is a K6 1000 (MC prevents me from entering SS Class)

I plan on signing up for at least 2 events....but don't know what to sign up for.

Anyone been in the same predicament/ scenario?

Any input or advise?

2. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Your bike isn't eligible for HWT, so that will help narrow it down. I think my Daytona was competitive in like 6 classes. I did three, and picked them based on the spacing so I could have a couple races in between each of mine.

TheScarpino likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

A Superbike, F1, Senior Superbike. Should be pretty spaced apart on any schedule.

TheScarpino likes this.
  4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I'd have said as many as possible! Dont hold back for a 1% chance of not liking it. Either way have fun regardless!!!

TheScarpino likes this.
  5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Your Eligible for V8 HW too.....

6. TheScarpino

TheScarpino Well-Known Member

scheduled race (4): Formula 1 Expert & Novice, V8 HW

Does that mean V8 HWT is its own class but included and racing with F1 Novice & Expert group?

I really need to understand the difference between some of these classes/ groups. Back to the rule book I go.

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Raises a question. Can a rider compete in two classes, on one bike, in the same race, in that points would be received for both? My assumption is "yes", if they pay for two entries, but... :confused:
    Is that in the rulebook? I don't recall having seen it.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No you cannot get points etc... for two races at once. You have to pick one.

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yes 2 classes but your bike is good for both.... But as Mongo says you have to pick one... I ran V8 and Sen SBK and it was a good combination.... However this last year with the new GSXR's and ZX-10's my TLR was no match.... You have the Ideal Bike for V8... And there are a great group of guys running in it....

TheScarpino likes this.
  10. r1madman

r1madman Well-Known Member

Those are prolly the two I’m running