1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do in Scottsburg, IN

Discussion in 'General' started by Chango, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I just found out I am going to be working in Scottsburg, Indiana for the next month. According to Google Maps the bustling Metropolis of Scottsburg has the plant I will be working in, a Crackerbarrel, and a Walmart Supercenter. I will only have to work 3-4 days per week, so I should have plenty of downtime. I just don't want to spend all of my downtime sitting in a hotel room watching tv.

For those who don't know (most people) Scottsburg is about 1.5 hours south of Indianapolis, 2 hours west of Cincinnati, and 30 minutes north of Louisville, so I should be able to do some short drives to see more stuff on days off instead of just sitting around on my ass in the butthole of Indiana.

2. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

There are a number of threads here on stuff to do it Louisville. You might check that out.

Madison, IN is a kinda cool little town if you are into that sort of thing.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I would say go up to Nashville or the like but Louisville looks closer.

4. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Bring a bike up (pedal or motor). Some nice riding in that area, and you have about a month of decent weather left. If your days off are all together and you like outdoorsy stuff, bring some camp gear & check out he Shawnee Nat'l Forest.

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I wish I was joking but this isn't a joking matter...Scottsburg is the heroin/opioid capital of Indiana and damn near the nation. There are horror stories concerning all of the syringes that litter the town. To be perfectly blunt, I won't stop for gas in Scottsburg.

6. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

So you are saying hookers are cheap ? :D

7. rd400racer

:crackup:

Do they make condoms out of garden hose:D?

cha0s#242 likes this.
  8. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

ILPEA?

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I was gonna say that it sounds like a good place to work on your VD collection!

10. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I’ll check.

11. rd400racer

Seriously though, it's like 25 minutes to downtown Louisville. Only problem is they hit you up for $4 every time you cross the bridge. So $8 just to come into town.

And if the weather is nice and your looking for something to do, I have spare bikes in the garage.

12. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Take a ride up and down state road 37. It's beautiful this time of year.

Louisville is awesome as usual.

My office is in Columbus IN and I isn't far. Give me a shout and I can show you around.

13. SteveThompson

Take the 2nd street bridge. They don’t charge and it is likely closer to where you want to go anyway.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There's only one bridge in Louisville?

15. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Maybe directly between IN and Louisville?

16. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Does your company pay overtime? If so, 16 hour days 7 days a week. Stay in the motel, eat takeout pizza, and go home with some $$$.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There's nothing across the river from Louisville but Indiana :D There's at least 5 bridges in downtown Cincy across the river, can't see Louisville having only one.

18. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Oh yeah. Not only overtime, but I will be getting paid an extra $4.30 per hour just for going, and the OT will be based on that as well. I was told that we are encouraged to work 6 days per week, but not 7, just to get some rest.

The only thing I’m annoyed about is that I accidentally bought an 06 gixxer 750 on Tuesday night and found out Thursday afternoon that I would be going. So I got to start nursing it back to full health, but I won’t get to finish until after Thanksgiving and it’ll likely be a bit chilly for “fun” riding by then...

19. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Sounds like you got it covered. Btw, motel room rebuilds, were kinda of a tradition back in the day.

20. SteveThompson

There are 4 not including the pedestrian one.