1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What tire vendors are genarally trackside?

Discussion in 'General' started by Devilredr6, Jan 6, 2003.

1. Devilredr6

Devilredr6 Well-Known Member

Dunlop? Pirelli? Michelin? Bridgestone?

Bridgestone has a new DOT race tire out that has received pretty good reviews and retails for approx $100 less per pair than the Dunlop or Pirelli. At my level of racing currently ill take the .1 disadvantage per lap for the extra $100 in my pocket.

Anyone ever see Bridgestone trackside?

2. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Awww you just made certain Stone dealer a happy happy man!

He'll be here shortly to thank you and tell you what races he'll be at this year.

Ohhhh Stickkkkk.

Stickboy274
    http://www.DBMotorsportsracing.com

Maybe a bit to far South for you but he'll tell you who to get hooked up with.

Generally though a regional will have a tire vendor from every major.

3. Devilredr6

Well I sure hope its up in the Great Lakes area (Grattan, Blackhawk, Gingerman)

Ill peal that fat little Michelin man sticker off my fender and plaster Bridgestone decals on my ride so thick I won't even need to paint it! ahahaha.

4. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

What new model Bridgestone tires are these?
    The 001s listed at http://www.DBMotorsportsracing.com
    are $300 a set, seems like the same price I've seen the Metzler & Pirelli's.

5. Devilredr6

Prices I read and seen on TV

B-stone 001 $244 pair
    D208GP $365 pair
    Michelin II $322
    Pirelli $334 pair

6. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

hello,
    I do cover the south and ship anywhere. the 001's in a 120/180 are $306 a set, but if you take advantage of the volume discounts, minimal purchase among as many people as you like, they are $255/set. e-mail me at dbmtrspts@logicsouth and I will give you the info so you can make a decision on your tires for the year.

7. Devilredr6

Well a possible problem arises with having them shipped in (from what I understand)

Who will mount them? If someone will mount them...the additional cost of having them mounted, would cause one to think they might just go with the other brands since mounting is included.

I dropped B-stone a email.......do any vendors carry them and come northward?

Ive been very pleased with my experience with my B-stone street tires and a friend even raced a handfull of rounds on BT012SS with good luck in his rookie year.

8. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

i understand. thats why i charge very little for shipping and mounting is $10 a piece. its a standard price all of us vendors use. i dont know who is up there if any. if i can help in any way i will be glad to

9. Devilredr6

Oh, sh*t, only $10 each??? Well I can handle that. I was guestimating it to be $30 as per dealers etc. charge.

Ill have to run some ideas across my partner in crime racing partner.

PAUL......HEY ....JUICY......You read what he wrote?????

10. Rocketmann#67

Rocketmann#67 Well-Known Member

YO YO YO what up B-Thrilla. I see while I was at work you've been doing a little research. I know that their race tire will be better than the 012's that I raced last season and I was pretty happy with them, only being street tires that is. See what you and him can work out and let me know what's up. Being that I have a baby on the way this would help out alot. Maybe I might name him Bridge Stone Medina. Has a nice ring to it. Get a hold of me

11. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

Do you mind me asking where you saw these prices, got a phone number?

Prices I read and seen on TV

B-stone 001 $244 pair
    D208GP $365 pair
    Michelin II $322
    Pirelli $334 pair

I don't have the cash roll to buy 10 sets of tires for an entire year to get a discount, maybe 2 sets at a time

12. Rocketmann#67

Rocketmann#67 Well-Known Member

Here are some prices that I have for Marietta Motor Sports. Prices for size 120/70 front and 180/55 rear. These prices are not with a racer discount. They might give one for tires but I don't know how much. You can call them @ 1-888-327-8527 and ask about racer disc.

Dunlop 208 GP- $354
    Michelin Race 2 - $367
    Pirelli/Metzeler - $331

13. fastbikesus

fastbikesus Well-Known Member

Hi Guys!

Your right. The new Bridgestone DOT is quite impressive. We had an opportunity to run some of the new spec. stuff and it is just awesome.

Bridgestones new slicks kick butt too! -- All that MOTOGP research is really coming good!

We are the Main Bridgestone Race Tire Distributors for the midwest. We will be at the CCS Mid-West events (including Blackhawk) with bells on ready to help everyone with Bridgestone Race tires.

We also sell them mail order at www.fastbikes.us. We have the lowest prices in the country and free shipping!

Also, we have been racing Bridgestones for years, so we know how to help you get the most out of your tires.

For those of you who don't like the look of our current website call us at 866.462.7770 (toll free) or wait until mid-January when our new, full e-commerce site goes up with our full product line.

If you have any questions call us or email [email protected].

Best of luck to everyone in 2003!

Jason Brummels
    BRP

P.S.

Our full product line includes:

Champion Equipment - We're the US Importer:)

Carbone Lorraine Brakes - New to the US, but 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 World Endurance Champs and 2000, 2002 World SuperSport Champs

Bridgestone Racing Tires

BRT - Keep your eye on this one...

Leo Vince Exhuast

Mobil1

Ultra Lap Timers

Vortex Racing Components

PPS - While Im posting, just thought I'd let you all know that we just had a shipment of Champion Equipment front head stands come in that were cosmetically damaged. They still are in great working order, but scratched up a bit. We are blowing them out the door by selling them for only $75 - YES. A front head stand for $75. We've got 34 left as of today, so if you've been putting off getting a front head stand because of the price. Here is your chance. More details on the product at www.fastbikes.us. These stand do not fit the new generation GSXRs.

If you made it all the way to here. Thanks.