1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the heck man? Mongo?

Discussion in 'General' started by UGA Dawg, Jun 6, 2002.

1. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

Hey Mongo,
    I am normally not much of a bitcher when it comes to schedules but geez. How about staggering the National Sprint
    Schedule a little. Have one schedule, one weekend and the other the next like we do the regionals. Is there a reason that I am missing why we don't do this?

This may have been covered before, but I want to get in my .02.

As far as I can see, the lightweights are the first practice out on Sunday and darn near the last race of the day. It was that way at VIR, it is that way at Roebling this weekend and will be that way at Tally. I don't mind doing that every other time but don't want to do it everytime. It makes for a very long day. The Lightweights and the race after us always end up being the last to leave the track on sunday and get home way too late. No one likes to go into work on monday all bleary eyed because they got in at 2am and it seems that is what the lightweights and the class after us have to do every national weekend.

Also, you just get too tired sitting around all day waiting for your race to come about. You go out in the morning, first practice when it's dewy and damp thus not getting accurate times, then have to wait until around 4 or 5 o'clock to get to your sprint.

I think the Lightweight class is big enough now to where we make you guys some money and are not just a concession class. The class is growing this year and will only get bigger. The competition is getting very fierce this year as well and usually makes for some of the best racing of the weekend. If you could, just clarify this for me. I am sure there is an answer for it.:)

2. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

Search for one of Steve's umpteen posts on this subject. ;) I forget what the result of the discussion was though.

3. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

4. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Gives you time to clean those stickers or apply new ones

I too would like to have the lightweights run a later practice session. Since 95 its always rush rush rush to get registered and through tech, suited, adjustments and to practice...I use to usually miss 1st session then I got more prepared, pre entered and ready for tech before I got to the track.. I usually fill a tech sheet out on the trip to the track...

Chuck D

PS, will you be a Roebling DAWG? I need to collect a lunch sometime :)

5. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Shall I give you a preview, Johnny?:rolleyes:

6. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

I won't be at Roebling but will be at tally. I'll get ya a lunch or Dinner whichever you prefer sir. :cool:

7. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

yessir, gimme a preview. I just think it sucks that we have to rush in the morning for our one slippery practice session and then wait all day long to race. How's it going, dude?

8. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

doesn't this belong over on the "Whining" thread? [​IMG]

9. TZ925

TZ925 I do it for His glory!

I'm in agreement with alternating schedules for the Nationals like they do the regionals. It does suck sitting around for 4-5 hours between your practice and race.

Monty Warsing

10. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

Was this post directed to you? Do you ride an SV? Do you have to sit around all day for 6-8 hours waiting for all the red flags in the 600 classes to finish up and sometimes have your race cancelled or postponed because of it? Not to mention that this schedule is every national race weekend. If not, then shut your friggin Yapper!:D

11. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

12. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

13. TZ925

come to think of it, as long as we are petitioning to flip-flop schedules, I'd ask that you consider reversing practice order on those weekends also.

The lightweight guys do get the shaft more often than not. The track is at it's worst for the first practice, cold, slimy etc. and they have to rush around first thing in the morning.

The big bikes get screwed on practice time if there are lots of red flags. Friday at VIR they were giving each round of practice 20-25minutes. A red flag happened somewhere along the line and the big bike experts got a measley 4 laps, woohoo!

I've taken to going out with the big bikes on my 250 and have to say it makes for a leisurely morning not having to hit the track till 10am.

I'm sure the lightweight guys would appreciate that change of pace every other weekend.

Please strongly consider this Mongo, I think you'd please quite a few people and only piss off a few if even that many.

Monty Warsing
    The Hansen's ho'

14. M0NG0

M0NG0 Guest

Willya Shudup Already!!!

Man,

You guys could bore a Hemmrhoid...

15. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

You know, I always prefer to apply logic to arguements, versus emotions. Emotions tend to make you look bad. John, I'm not adding this reply to make you look bad or get upset, just to point out some facts.

First off, IMHO, no one, and I mean ~no one~ gives a darn about LW classes. And trust me, this is from a guy who has never owned a bike that didn't qualify for LW, vintage, or both. As much as I would like to see more SV's, FZR400's, and even 125GP bikes, it won't happen. Ever. Trust me on this. Why, if WERA were to say one day "OK, that's it ... no more 125GP, Clubman, or Vintage ... we need more track time for other classes" I would be very unhappy, but not able to argue against their decision.

Face it ... the A, B, and C SS and SB classes are the popular ones, both with riders and spectators alike. View the grandstands at TGPR when C SS Novice is out there ... it will be close to full. Check again during D Super, LWT or Clubman ... you'll have few, if any. The way the National schedule is right now, A, B, and C SS classes are all first. Get the picture?

Just for grins, I reviewed the sequence of races as posted on the RR and TGPR schedules, and went back to the Putnam results to compile the number of riders in each class. What I discovered will amaze you. It will also be more logic on why LWT is in the second half of the day's racing.

Take a look at this spreadsheet ... you will see the classes and number of entrants in each. Two columns were used, as some races were combined Expert and Novice:

[​IMG]

Now, as far as your "growing" class is concerned ... LWT Experts was the SMALLEST class at Putnam, with only six riders. 125GP is scored as one race, so with its seven riders, I view it as larger than the LWT Expert field. Combined with Novi, LWT had 17 riders, or only two less than A SS and F1, both Expert only classes. Am I painting a clear picture for you?

Another interesting note ... I combined the number of riders in the first column, and did the same for the second column. The halves almost equal each other; 132 riders in the first column; 154 in the second. Now I don't know if WERA did that on purpose or not, regardless, it seems that the schedule as posted has the number of riders per unit of time available flowing quite well.

:)

16. M0NG0

M0NG0 Guest

OK NOW!!!

If you guys keep this up, I will post naked pictures of myself. More I think about it, I have some good pictures of me in a thong...

17. TZ925

Using the theory that the most popular classes go first is bass-ackwards.

Keep the people around longer and send the "premier" classes out later. The longer people stay, the more concessions and shirts they buy and the more racing they are exposed to.

And whoever this MONGO piss ant junior member is better pipe down before his junior ass gets slapped! :D

Monty

18. mad brad

mad brad Guest

let's ban lightweights altogether. they aren't even real bikes anyway.:eek: :D

19. M0NG0

M0NG0 Guest

OH YEAH???

OK PAL, you are pissing me off. I now know a blow*** is out of the question, so how about a handjob.

Look, I got your email and let me tell you one thing. I don't mind exchanging naked photos of myself, but you and whatever that mammal was in that picture...C'mon, that was gross.

20. mad brad

mad brad Guest

you sir, are the weakest link. goodbye!!;)

we know mongo, and you ain't IT!!!:p