1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What makes the R6 so much faster?

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Sep 17, 2017.

1. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

If Sofuoglu was racing a factory backed R6 in WSS, it wouldn't even be worth tuning into the races.

shakazulu12 and Gorilla George like this.
  2. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

In the US JD and Garrett sure make them fast :).

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Well,like the old addage goes, "if you have to ask...............?":moon:........:D

sharkattack likes this.
  4. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

I was at nearly every round this year and talked with his dad a lot. He told me chatter was never a big issue for them. If they got it they knew how to solve it. The Kiwis told me they never had a chatter issue all year on their ZX-6, even on the stock forks.

I worked with a kid this season who was on the new R6, and he had chatter and front feel issues. We figured it out and the bike started to work better for him, he even put it on the podium once. There were other riders on the new R6 who had similar issues. Some figured it out, others gave up and tried a different bike.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I was just regurgitating what I read here: http://www.motoamerica.com/conner-blevins-cuts-his-own-path-in-motoamerica-superstock-600

I've ridden with Blevins at Hallett a few times. Dude passed me like I was standing still. I might as well have been riding my bicycle around the track.