1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is wrong with kids today?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by assjuice cyrus, Oct 24, 2014.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Parents

3. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Yea, It will interesting to see what the motive was.

4. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

5. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

:stupid:

6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Yep. There are exceptions to every rule but you usually can find a fucked up parent behind every fucked up kid.

7. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

This is what happen when kids start having kids. And, we let the flower generation smoke themselves into legislation.

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

It's easy to point the finger at parents, and, yes, the blame lands 'mostly' there... but some needs to fall on society preventing parents from being parents. I've told the story before about the family that used to (thank dog) live across the alley from me. The 15ish year-old boy would scream and cuss at his parents if they so much as looked at him crosseyed, and he would threaten to have his friends beat him up then file a police report that they (his parents) had done it. What, exactly, do you do with that kid? Granted, the loss of parental control likely happened looooooong before age 15, but still.

9. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Again, blame the flower generation for smoking themselves into legislation.

10. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

I currently live a few miles away. I used to live within 1/2 mi of the school. My son attends preschool right down the street (luckily he wasn't there today). Closes to home to say the least....

And on the eve of our state voting on 2 big gun rights bills too. Looks like gun owners will take a big hit.

11. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Glad to hear, the impact is not personal.

I hope the emotions stay clear of the polls but I may be too hopeful.

12. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

That train went off the rails waaaay before that happened.

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

So do you just write that kid off? How do you get him back? Can you get him back? Should 63rd trimester abortions be legal? :D

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Because I'm a racist I immediately thought "white boy on meds" but the article says native american. Guess he went off the reservation.

Too soon?

15. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

:crackup:

Man, are we fucked up or what? So much emphasis on color and shit.

In the thread of the three intruders and the old man that made the shot count, it provided a link to the story and I happened to read some of the comments.

People were making comments and there was alot of chatter about the race/color of the intruders as not all three were not black but the one that was not was not exactly white (native American).

We need to get off this shit.

16. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

"You weren't there, so you aren't allowed to have an opinion on it"™ Hawk518 :Poke:

17. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

18. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Well, here in Utah we have a lot of troubled youth homes due to our parental rights laws. I have a good friend who is the head psychologist at one which has an excellent reputation and Bonnie and I also volunteer with their equestrian and outdoors programs.

Very few of these kids have genuine medical issues (bi-polar, serious depression, etc..) most got the way they did because either they were abused by a parent of authority figure (rare) or were raised in a parental environment void of boundaries and consistent discipline. Getting these kids back on track requires getting the parents to behave responsibly simultaneously. I could go on and on and on about the effed up situations which are common.

19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You beat his ass and tell him you hope he is happy with his new foster family.

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What is wrong? They're desensitized to violence. Movies that leave nothing to the imagination. First person shooter games that allow you to realistically kills scores of people. A world without consequences. All align to produce children that don't flinch at the idea of solving "problems" with violence.