1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the news thinking when?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Pepe Le Ghey Pew, Apr 11, 2003.

1. What the heck are they thinking. I was just watching some online news with ABC and the dumb arse is talking about the Iraq's are setting fire to the oil fields, and rumors of setting explosives under the or on the oil rigs...which if they explose and mix with the other gases that are around would release a chemical that the US gas masks will not stop the chemical from entering the masks. Now what the heck are they thinking...they are frickin signing death warrants by saying crap like that...That's just what the Iraq's need to hear. Our own frickin news people are screwin the pooch here. They need to shut up, and I think the Military should be there during interviews to see what the news casters are airing...and also should be screening what questions are being asked. Hey freedom of speech was not ment to be used in the manor it is beeing used. I wish I could reach thru the screen, slap the sheeet our of these people and then and only then explain why they can not do that.

2. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

And yet you continued to watch and then re-posted the information.....:D

3. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Thinking. Media. Oxymoron. :rolleyes:

4. No actually I closed it off right after that. I'm not saying all news is bad don't get me wrong okay...I just think it should be scanned before it's aired that's all...I mean why don't they just call up the Iraq leaders on the suckin two way and tell them everything...sheeeet that's pretty much what a few have done already isn't it. I guess I figured others on here would have the same view...maybe not.:rolleyes:

5. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Yeah, you better hope to hell that the Iraqi Republican Guard Endurance Racing Team arn't on the BBS again - 'cos you just told them all about it.;)

...where is Team Atomic anyway???

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Being chased up the street by about 20 Iraqis trying to whack him with their shoes I think.

As for the media, what they're thinking NOW is how do they cover their asses when they said that the fight would be a bloody, long draw out battle and that the troops would be met with a hostile Iraqi population.

God damn I'm smug today. :D

7. MarkB

Yeah, everytime I get pissed at someone now, its going to be off with the shoe, and WHACK! WHACK! WHACK!. Infact, we got a Production meeting coming up next.....

8. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Yeah, I like that shoe-whacking insult deal, too. That's pretty cool. Not that I want to embrace all Arab culture, but I think it would be cool if we could convince our wimmim to do that funny yodeling yell that the Arab wimmin do when they're partying. :cool:

I also like the concept of those robes the men wear. That would also be cool. Whenever I bend over to get my chain saw cranked, I wouldn't hear anymore of those plumber jokes from Nancy or her kids. :eek:

9. MarkB

Yeah, one gust of wind, and you'll have nothing to protect your chain-saw from your dignity......:Puke:

And on all the news coverage, I have yet to see an Iraqi chick that passes the 6 beers test.........:(

Otherwise, I couldnt agree more with yer Bruce.:)

10. John Ulrich

John Ulrich Well-Known Member

What does this mean, that she burns you down to the ground on the BBS and you're back together? What's up with that?

11. mad brad

mad brad Guest

yeah bruce, does this mean i need to avoid you this weekend? :D

12. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

been stuck in Lake Zurich this weekend...doin' a fricking server move...I had to cancel my trip to Vegas....

you boys having fun in my absence??

http://www.vivalasvegas.net

72hrs of grease, sleezy women, drinking and gambling....heaven yes it is son....

13. CharlieM#90

CharlieM#90 Well-Known Member

Good Idea! Somebody call up Saddam. He was good at this version of "free speech". Mebbe he can give our military a few pointers.........

CharlieMc #90 Ex

14. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I still see the Geraldo drawing troop movements into the sand as the worst incident from the media. Should of kicked him square in the nutz after the Al Capone Safe cracking show.

David