1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best runoff: grass, pea gravel or asphalt?

Discussion in 'General' started by Shyster d'Oil, Jun 11, 2003.

1. mad brad

mad brad Guest

actually it's gov. assisted housing.

2. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

One of the problems with grass is that if it is poorly tended to ruts can develop. Just ask RSDad - he ran off into the grass, hit a rut and broke his collarbone.

Rodger

3. tz_eric

tz_eric Well-Known Member

Since they are lawyers, everything in the skeleton, except the jaws and teeth, is cartilage. So it's not that much of a problem.

4. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

All right already!!!

I get the point!!

Can we talk about something serious now?:eek:ff: :eek:ff: :eek:ff:

Rodger

But that was funny.:D

5. tz_eric

tz_eric Well-Known Member

On the subject of run-off. I prefer grass for a few reasons.

1. If you're running open carbs (superbike or GP), the thought of having pea gravel sucked through your engine is terrifying.

2. If the run-off is paved and you've crashed, you'll grind off more of your bike and yourself.

3. If the run-off is paved and you haven't crashed, I can imagine a situation where the rider will try to save instead of bailing. Thereby hitting a solid object at a high velocity. Like BC61 said, brake failure and paved run-off looks like a really bad combination.

4. This might not be feasable, but the grass should be mowed, so you can see the ruts.

5. The worst run off is a big pond, which many run-off areas turn into when there's rain. :)

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

ROTFLMAO!!! Now that is hilarious... :D

7. Kevin Crauswell

Kevin Crauswell Well-Known Member

If I run off, during a race, at race speeds, , ,
    Yes. I do peeee.:Poke:

8. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

I'd say grass or asphalt. Gravel can grab the wheel and pitch the bike if you hit a rut at an angle. Don't ask how I know. ;)

9. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

I say grass.

10. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

Lets see now....
    Does Jennings sound familiar???
    :D

11. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Calling the JGP swim team- you know who you are... :D :D

12. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Hmmm, grass vs gravel vs asphalt.....lemee think, well, I think grass should be legal....oh, wrong subject. I'll still take grass. I took a tumble in a gravel trap and Road America a few years back. Had to laugh, the shit was still falling out of my shorts after a 6 hour ride back in Indy :D and the shit does make you tumble like a weed.....which I also think shoud be legal :D :D