1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What in the actual F*^$%

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Apr 1, 2021.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

2. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

And a cleaning company finding her :eek: instead of the police or family.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Have you ever actually been in the home of a hoarder? Not someone who simply keeps a lot of stuff, but a true hoarder? It is creepy as hell.

Pixelator, tony 340, K51000 and 2 others like this.
  4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Yup...Fred Sanford had nothing on a true hoarder.

5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Dan don't be hatin' my um, er, "active acquisition" of Zumas. I can stop whenever I want. Maybe.

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

People do stupid shit.
    Until
    They don’t

TurboBlew likes this.
  7. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I once dated a girl whose parents were hoarders. There were paths carved out between chest high stacks of crap. You had to very careful walking along the paths. More than once I wasn’t and accidentally knocked a stack down, which triggered others like they were giant life size dominos

K51000 likes this.
  8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

It knows no socioeconomic boundaries, either.

Like, household name type people.

K51000 likes this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

what's even more messed up, they setup a GoFundMe to find her instead of checking her apartment.

K51000 and Phl218 like this.
  10. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

Deb-riss is a good tv show these days if u like super cheese syfy lol

11. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

You can donate $5 from your phone, on your ass, on your couch from anywhere in the world. It's way easier than actually giving a fuck about someone and going to do something about it. Just blindly throwing money at a problem fixes everything.

12. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

No, it is "proof" to the world that "you care." When you really don't. All about optics.

K51000 and BigBird like this.
  13. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Several times, as the risk of fire goes up exponentially when there's 30 years of magazines and stuff piled up everywhere.

I handled a house fire with an older couple living in a 50s custom ranch. They seemed pretty normal until you talked with them for a bit. Then you realized both of them were running on about 1 1/2 cylinders.
    There was a class C motorhome in the drive with serious front end damage. The husband told me the crash was a few weeks prior, but he couldn't remember where or how it happened.
    One of the 4 bedrooms was piled so high with stuff that we couldn't get the door open. The contractor brought a tiny Latin guy who wiggled in and cleared a path.
    One wall was a huge book shelf, covered with stamp collecting magazines from the 70s and 80s. The wife told me they kept the magazines for when their stamp club came over. Clearly, no one had been in that room for a decade.
    Every surface in the house was over a foot deep in magazine, board games, shopping bags and what have you. There was only one place to sit, at the computer desk. One bathroom only had the toilet accessible and the other bath, the sink. Their bed was normal.
    I have no idea where the wife sat during the day.
    I felt sorry for them, as there was no local family to help them.

K51000 likes this.
  14. auminer

My wife is still friends with her ex husband. His mother was a hoarder. She passed away a few years ago and the kids were tasked with dismantling the hoard.

The story that struck me the hardest, and reveals the true depth: The kids weren't allowed to throw away their band-aids when they were removed from skint knees, etc. Their mother kept them in a box. She still had said box full of smaller boxes each one with a different kid's name.. full of 30, 40, maybe 50 year old bandaids.

That was just one of the plethora of weird, sad aspects. Their house could not be navigated. They couldn't cook, he slept on the couch and she in the recliner.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I know my mom save a lot of stuff, but most of it was semi-useful. She had a drawer full of clean empty cool whip and margarine containers she would use to send leftovers home with us. Some junk to, but I think some of that behavior had roots in her Depression era childhood when everything was used until it wore out. She did not come close to hoarder level.

16. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Such is the American way.

BigBird likes this.
  17. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Only ever seen one in person, friends mom took care of an old lady, she was close to 100 and was born in the house she lived in. Newspapers and magazines stacked almost to the ceiling, weirdest thing though, was a collection of speculums. No she wasnt an OBGYN, neither was her husband..... so yea, just a bunch of speculums....

18. auminer

That's.... eye opening. :crackup:

Boman Forklift likes this.
  19. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

My neighbor who is in her late 60's is still going through the taxes on her parents "estate" whom which died 20 years ago. There is no money in the estate, she is broke. Ain't no govment coming for your money lady. Her house is full of shit. I offered to get her a dumpster and throw it out for her. That was 5 years ago, house is still the same

20. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

So she disappears for six months and no one looked into her apartment until they cleaned it out?

NYPD’s finest at work

[​IMG]

ChemGuy and K51000 like this.