1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does it take to go racing???

Discussion in 'General' started by MightyDuc Racing, Jun 10, 2002.

1. MightyDuc Racing

MightyDuc Racing By Land, Air, and Sea

I received some great advice on which bikes to look at buying, so maybe everyone can help me with getting started. After I buy a bike, what steps do I need to take to be legal and ready to race. I will be racing strictly in Florida (probably only Moroso, Homestead, and Daytona). I am going to the Homestead CCS races on the 23rd to check it out. Do I need to go to some sort of track day, a school, a licensing school, or can I just show up, put an "X" on my back and go racing like when I was a kid on the flat track scene? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Also, I don't really know anybody in here yet, but my wife and my prayers go out to the injured riders. Good luck guys!

2. huffdaddy

huffdaddy Well-Known Member

First go to the track and ask a bunch of questions. people generaly will talk freely as long as they are hanging around and not getting ready to go race. next get a rule book at the the track or go on line both orgs. have them online. saftey first good one piece leathers, boots, helmet,and back protector. next find a school of choice frank kinsey ed bargy ect have good schools do a track day too to get your feet wet would help get some off the new edge off. oh yes bring lots of money the first weekend is expencive.... tires gas licence food shelterect bring lots of water too you will sweat like a dog in heat now in fla or south ga. you will get a bunch of help at the track ifg you just ask around. if you got the time do some corner working that way you can really thank the ones that do it all the time:) plus there is not a better seat in the house than right on the turn:)

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar