1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think????????

Discussion in 'General' started by skillets, Jun 6, 2005.

1. skillets

skillets Gunnin' for terrance

Nesba charging $280.00 for a track day on friday!

2. sportbikepete

sportbikepete Well-Known Member

Here it comes.....

:Pop:

:D

3. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

Too high.. so I'm not doing it..

Don't complain about it just don't go

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

I would have to say yes considereing it is Full day of green track, no sessions. Summit - Main: ADVANCED ONLY DAY!

The price is $260. Sign up by the early date and save $20.00

Very reasonable comparitively speaking.

:up:

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't think, I'm a yes man.

6. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

Out of curiousity, and not directed towards anyone in particular, what would you/anyone pay for a full day access to Summit, with only "advanced" riders?

I get bored prety easy, so if I knew I'd have someone out there my speed I'd be willing to pay more. But if I was just out there crankin' laps by myself, I'd be bored and done by lunch time. They need a more flexible pay scale. Say, 20 bucks per pass on a straight, 10 per pass on the brakes, and 5 per pass on any corner.

Subtract 10 bucks any time someone passes you back :)

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hmm, comes out to be $280, pay up.

8. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

What do you get for that $280 anyway? Maybe 7 or 8 20 minute sessions if someone doesn't lose it agin going into 10? 8 sessions is $35 a session. With an average laptime of lets say 1:25-:26 you are paying about $2.52 a lap for a total of about 110 laps give or take for the entire day! Not bad if you ask me plus from what I hear NESBA puts on a pretty good trackday. :beer: Wish I could be there with you all. One day I will get to meet all the nice folks from WERA plus I think Summit is one of the funnest tracks on the right coast!

9. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Its not so much the price that gets me... its the fact that its an A Group only day and I'm not in the A group... I need all the practice I can get, but I can't get any the day before the race. :(

10. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

Testing

I think its a great idea but just to much money. Some people might be impressed with 7 hours of track time for $260. I cant think of anyone that will ride A full seven hours an be worth a crap the rest of the weekend. IMHO, A racer test an tune track day would consist of 2 groups with 1/2 hour sessions. The groups would be seperated into novice and expert sessions. 1/2 hour sessions would allow plenty of time for changes.
    I dont what the track rental is but 30 x 260 is $7800. so 2 groups of 30 would be 60 riders @ $130....now the track day is priced reasonable. An open track for seven hours does not mean i am going to ride for seven hours

aaron
    :Pop:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2005
  11. Geoff Doyer

Geoff Doyer Well-Known Member

It's not about money. NESBA can easily get 100+ riders on the track any damn day at $165 a pop and often does.

12. The CHAD

The CHAD Well-Known Member

13. Moonpie

Moonpie Yo Yo Yo!

Re: Testing

your math makes sense...I don't think there is any way they will limit to 30 riders though....that seems about 20-30 too low!

14. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

\

I could give a 2 shits about what it cost. All I am saying is that we dont see a $260 track day to be benificial to our program....by the time tires,fuel ect is added it is well over $700....If money was no object i would sign up twice. I hope you guys have a great time, i will have a cold one in the cooler for ya

:beer:

15. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Depends on the track.
    Barber I will do, Summit I will pass.
    I do think it's a great idea.

16. BiZ

Strictly hypothetically speaking, and in my own little mind/world.

If I had a track day club, and I was going to run a day with the the philosophy that it wasn't about the money, and a limited number of expert/advanced riders only, then my system to decide the price of the event would be:

(a+b)/c = price you pay

([a]The cost of renting the track + any extraneous costs (ambulances, corner workers, etc)) / [c]the number of riders who show up = what I'd charge.

Of course this is just in my little world/head.

Anyways, I like the idea of a "restricted" day. I've done "endurance" days with another club a few years ago, where the cost was a little extra, with limited group size, and only 2 groups. And I had a total blast and always wanted to do it again. But I'd have to say that $260 is out of my price range. Which was sort of the intent of my original question, to figure out what would be in most peoples price range. Anyways, I doubt a club the size of NESBA would have much trouble filling the grid for such an event at that price. I would just prefer that it was a little cheaper, so I could go there and treat it as a track day and have fun, and not feel compelled to spend every minute out on the track to try and get my moneys worth.

Not tryin' to knock NESBA or the day, just droppin' my thoughts.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2005
  17. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

I hate NESBA. I'm thinking of starting my own trackday org and naming it 'FNESBA.' I'm suprised every time I happen to attend one of their events (twice ever and never again) at just how incredibly rude they are. I witnessed more cursing from control riders at their customers on Saturday at Barber than I've ever seen before. It seemed like every time somebody walked by, they were referring to the Nesba peeps as, "Those assholes."

They are assholes. The only person I know of who is not an asshole at Nesba is my teammate, Jeff Selbert, who control rides for those slopokes. Of course, I'm from the south. Maybe that's considered acceptable behavior where they're from. I wouldn't waste my time on them if I were you.

FNESBA

18. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I could be wrong, but I belive that Nesba eats a lot of the cost to do this. I belive it's a reward for A group cats who double as a CR's. A total day of not being spooked half to death by the squids turning corners with the kickstand down. A few CR's that I know look forward to these 'A only' days. The value resides in the individual. For a track like Barber, I keep a chubby knowing i don't have to wait 2-3 rotations +/- cleanup time. :rock:

19. BiZ

Did he just say "chubby"?

20. Geoff Doyer

Geoff Doyer Well-Known Member

Hey Todd,
    I am from NESBA and thought we got along together pretty well. But since you just called me an asshole then F-You. There I go, just like the rest of 'em.