1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do you think of this

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by mattology, Dec 8, 2017.

1. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

i think it does sort of look like he reached for a weapon with his right hand , but i do not like the actions of the officer. i think if you had a gun and an angry guy pointed at me and i was already in a mentally tough situation i would be stressed out and shaking and it would be hard for me to listen also.

i would have preferred he call for backup, leave the guy laying on the ground arms and hands spread, and stay in that position until backup arrives

really really disappointed in this one

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think it's a repost. :D

3. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

What a piece of shit

cpettit likes this.
  4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

When the kid was lying flat on the ground with his arms outstretched why didn't they just walk up and cuff him at that point. What's the use of having him crawl towards you on his hands and knees? Doesn't make any sense.

R Acree and cpettit like this.
  5. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Keep your hands in the air, cross your feet behind your back. Now crawl towards me. How the fuck?

cpettit likes this.
  6. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

It actually makes perfect sense and here's why (it's literally the only thing I saw he did right).

The suspect was encountered right outside of the hotel door. The view of the door is blocked because of the way the hallway sticks out. Because of that, in order to apprehend the suspect and reduce the odds of ambush from around that corner, they needed him further away from the door. He couldn't clear the unknown threat without standing on top of an unrestrained suspect.

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well, if there was anyone around the corner still in the room these knuckleheads gave them PLENTY of time to ready themselves and train any potential weapons at the door if you watch the whole footage.

You can skip ahead to 17:25

8. 600 dbl are

You mean like the whole 17 minutes of police voice commands before they got to the door?

9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Wrong person got shot in that video. :(

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That too, but at least they were around the corner and not standing in front of the door repeatedly trying to open it with the obviously wrong key card...even better when the cop tries inserting it in backwards.

11. 600 dbl are

I wish I had your luck of hotel key cards opening the door the first time every time. :rolleyes:

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It's like plugging in a USB right?

I dunno, I look at the card, orient it as per the little arrow on it and 9 times out of 10 it works unless its been de-mag'd for some reason or another.

13. 600 dbl are

Right. So how many tries should they have done? At what point was too many for you? You think the 45 or so seconds they messed with the key card actually makes a difference compared to the 17 minutes before they got to the door? Please enlighten me as to what you would have done at the door.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

If you are operating under the assumption that there is someone else on the other side of the door potentially with a weapon (which is what it sounded like you were saying earlier), when that possible someone heard cops AT THE DOOR futzing with it, then they could have very easily started firing through the door at them, no?

When cops suspect there's an armed assailant behind a door they need to breach it quickly and go in guns blazing right? they usually don't sit there fucking around with a key card for however long it was allowing whoever is inside to start firing through the door at them.

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Note to self : in the extraordinarily unlikely event that you are ever in such a situation, pretend to pass out arms extended and legs spread eagle. Don't move. At all.

XFBO likes this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think that in this particular case, he would shoot you.

17. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Oh man...that was terrible. :( I get the reaching part being considered a threat, however there's a lot more to this that led to that moment and these cops are partially responsible for what led to that kid reaching.

18. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

He charged across the "fearing for your life" threshold with consummate ease.

SuddenBraking and Banditracer like this.
  19. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Yeah in the event that the cop is yelling all kinds of stupid dance moves at you while pointing a gun I agree...just go limp spread eagle.

sheepofblue likes this.
  20. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

That’s murder. Always has been. Always will be.

Fencer, SnacktimeKC and Banditracer like this.