1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what classes to race the sv650?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by houseofpain, Dec 14, 2009.

1. houseofpain

houseofpain Well-Known Member

looking over the rulebook these are what i found sv650's to be legal in. could someone please confirm this with me. thanks in advance.

LWT SS
    LWT SB
    F2

any other classes without riding up a class?

2. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Lightweight Solos...

3. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

Yeah that about covers it. I know you said you don't wanna ride up a class but HWT SS and SB aren't that bad on a SV650 as long as you're ok with getting left in the dust on the straights and trying to make up for it in turn one

4. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Depends on where. Here on wera west side they winning class.
    Economy must hit harder on ducati guys :)

5. PlayHard

PlayHard Well-Known Member

CCS offers a lot for the SV. LT WT SS, LT WT SB, LT GP, GT Lights, Ultra LT Superbike, LW Formula 40 for the old guys, and of course Team challenge. The SV is also very competive in Thunderbike. Just another option to think about.

6. houseofpain

houseofpain Well-Known Member

Thanks Playhard, but i'm only interested in WERA since they will be racing at Barber. I wonder why CCS is not doing Barber this year....other than that, i'll be sticking to the CMRA stuff.

7. PlayHard

PlayHard Well-Known Member

Extremely low turnout at Barber the past two years. I'm sure having the event both years in August didn't help either. Good luck, the SV is a fun bike to race!