1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What class for 1rst race on SV?

Discussion in 'General' started by TLsupertwin, Jun 27, 2002.

1. TLsupertwin

TLsupertwin Well-Known Member

Any suggestions? I'll be at Road Atl. for my first provisional race next weekend. I know there'll be a hord of SV's there so..... I'm really not sure which class would be the best for my cherry poppin' race exprience. Help me out here boys.

2. bilet69

bilet69 Well-Known Member

formula 1 or b super would be your best bet. when ya get there a good idea is to do when ya first get on the track for the first time is go ito turn 1 fast as a hell grip the front brake like your peter and make a good crash (style is worth something here ya know) that way ya get the crash out of the way cause its gonna happen sooner or later. then fix the bike go back out and back off a little.:D

3. Yeah, and the more racers you take out when you crash the more respect you get! :)

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

All the SV classes are fine for a first timer. Run LW solo 20 sat., D super, LW twins, and F2 sunday.

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

...and try not to soil the SV's good reputation by letting any Hawk's or GS's beat you!

6. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Watch out for those Motard bikes:D but being Rd. Atlanta you should have them coverd. TGPR you might encounter some competition from one of them, I know of one in particular that will give you a run at TGPR.....XR650R Honda motard:cool:

Enjoy your 1st weekend:)

7. bilet69

now your talkin!!!!!!!!!!!!! bro

8. TLsupertwin

I'm not a f*ckin' idiot guys. I can also ride a motorcycle, and have on Road Atl. 1 out of 4 with helpful comments. This board is almost as useless as the SV site that's chocked full of 6 month old riders. :rolleyes:

9. James#306

James#306 Backmarker Extraordinaire

I think you should invest in a sense of humor...

10. Rusnak_322

Rusnak_322 FOX Mullet

If you were only going to do one, and your bike was Supersport legal, race D Superbike.
    Then move up to LWT Twins or F2.

I don't think that a PN can race a Solo 20 (16 @ Road A).

11. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

Go and race Formula 1 or A open.....:D

12. bilet69

hey jag off calm down if you want help just get in as many races as you can track time is the key considering ya only get to go racing about 1 x a month, it not like a dirt bike ya dont get to go when ever ya want

13. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

P/N can run any race except the Nat'l Endurance Series.

So, the LW Solo would be the one race to pick, as it is the most laps for the buck.

What's more fun is to run the MW Solo, and laugh at the 600's you pass while you're wearing your T-shirt. :D

14. Hendo

Hendo V Card Puncher

Here is what the rulebook says about solo 20

13. All Provisional Novice Riders must wear a contrasting colored shirt over their leather for at least two consecutive weekends. Upon graduation from Rider's School, the rider must complete two separate weekend's events before qualifying for a Novice Status License. Under a Provisional Novice License, a rider may race Sportsman events but not a National Challenge Series event (which includes a National Endurance Series event). Provisional Novices will be allowed to race in a Solo 20 on their second weekend and they will be gridded in the rear of the pack.

15. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Lighten up Francis.

Although there are no dumb questions, there are many monotous, repeat, read-the-rulebook-and-make-your-own-decision questions that come through here.

I've ridden an SV for 2.25 years and raced LWs for over 5. So, if you want to make a rash generalization and shoot yourself in the foot for future help, feel free.

You can learn from those that have been there, but they have to be willing to respond.

Steve Clark
    TightSqueezeRacing.org

16. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

You're right, just dumb people:D

17. WERA522

WERA522 Lost

testosterone

There is no Testosterone Class. Can we get one of those Mongo? You know, must be under 25, classified as a squid, 1/2 mile straights, track in the shape of a box???

don't take anything too seriously.
    I just survived my first race weekend. (no crashes. Woot!)
    I raced in the PN race, D-Super and LW Twins. Try those. don't expect to win. concentrate on completing the race. I went off road twice from stupid mistakes. The SV was not meant to go off road. Ride at about 80-90% and you will do fine. Get all the practice sessions in you can, even see if ya go out with Rider School groups. Track time is track time.
    Yeah, fill up the tank too. :rolleyes:

Lee

18. SV Bob

SV Bob Track day junkie

Relax TL, save the anger for the track. ;)

I liked LW Solo 20 at Putnam for my first and only race. Did the Bargy school the day before, guess that’s why I was allowed to do Solo 20 my first weekend. Wasn’t crowded and by the time the experts started lapping they where spread out.

Like Culcuhain said relax and be safe. Don’t try to ride faster than you ever have before. Concentrate on the ways racing is different from a track day or school. Gridding, flags, etc.

19. TLsupertwin

Hey guys, if you want to rib me you've gotta get ready for the comeback. I didn't mean to offend anyone, I'm just lookin' for some strait forward advice and don't have the time for too much nonsense right now. Sorry.

20. mad brad

mad brad Guest

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p