1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what class can this be raced in WERA?

Discussion in 'General' started by da chop, Aug 23, 2006.

1. da chop

da chop BEN SPIES is my hero.

2. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Clubman?

3. pitr

pitr Well-Known Member

clubman, dsb, supermotard but you would take a pretty serious beating.

4. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

mini? lol

5. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I dont think there is a decent class for a 100cc two stroke tard? Unless you lie your way ino mini :D

6. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

kx85 stickers and formula 80 :D.
    On a more serious note, they're just over bored kx85s. Not sure if you can use a kx85 cylinder though. kx100: 52.5 x 45.8 kx85: 48.5 x 45.8.

7. da chop

da chop BEN SPIES is my hero.

so mongo, will this be able to run in the mini's?
    considering i weight 210lbs
    :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

jm

8. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

For one lap. Then you get to push it.
    That happened to my big ass a couple of times. Better to ride on the parking lot. "I'll run it extra rich." seize "I'll feather the kill switch." seize "I'll ride a child's bike that's made for short bursts of wide open throttle at wide open throttle for extended periods on straight-aways and..." SEIZE/trade

9. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Its prety hard to seize a water cooled two stoke? gearing is my guess what did it.

10. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

yeah if you gear them right you won't blow them up. make sure to run like 30:1 oil and use Castrol TTS, I've seen that oil prevent some seizures that could have been nasty. Short bursts of power stuff can be related to ignition timing.start the timing out at 0 and if you look on the spark plug there is a burn mark on the electrode, the one that's connected to the threaded part not the one with the ceramic insulator on it, and the burn mark should cover like half the electrode and its a kinda beige color. if the burn mark goes more than halfway, it starts from the outside and moves in, that means you have too much advance. if too short you can add like 0.5 degree of advance at a time to get it right.

11. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

And then check your sag :Poke:

12. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

And your squish :Poke:

13. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Nick Where did you learn all that ? You sound like a expert.:D

Contrary to popular belief , Mini Motocross engines are not built for short bursts of power , but instead to be held wide open in deep loam for long periods of time. The biggest cause of problems with them is the oil people use,Manufacturers oil And 927 Is junk and will kill them in no time.

Due to the porting of this particular bike I doubt if it would be competetive with the Mini's , Unless you replaced the Cylinder . ANd Yes the 85 Cylinder will bolt right on.

14. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

thats all great but the stock ignition is not adjustible.

15. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Yes It is.