1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What all comes with the Astars Tech-Air Race?

Discussion in 'General' started by dobr24, Apr 7, 2021.

1. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Can someone who bought one tell what all comes in the box. I bought one new and only got the vest in the box. Nothing else. I just want to know what all comes with the vest in the box? Instruction book and power cord obviously but spare cartidge? Registration card? Anything else?

The vendor I bought it from said they never had this issue with Astars before and is working to get me the rest of the packaging but if I cannot get it before my first outing I want to know how to set it up. I am guessing I can charge it with any usb compatible charger. I tried logging into Alpinestars to see if I could register the vest but I'm not having any luck doing that either. I keep getting some sort of fatal error from the website.
    Thanks!

2. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Comes with a USB cord, an 110 power plug that the USB plugs into. Instruction manual. That is it. You have to register it with the vendor you bought it from. You log in to A* to create an account. You give your account # to the vendor you bought it from and they get your vest added to your account. Kind of weird but I just went through this in January. It works.

dobr24 likes this.
  3. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

the vest has to be sent back to Astars once deployed twice to be repacked. its not self serviceable.

stk0308 and dobr24 like this.
  4. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys that's very helpful. I guess I'll have to figure out the website issue, it might be my antivirus software at work so I'll try from home later.

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Alpinestars has been dropping the ball lately it seems

6. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

So a stupid question but one I cannot find an answer to in the manual. Say you have a simple low side and the vest activates no damage to the vest. Assume its the first activation. Do you have to do anything? Repack, reset... or does it reset itself and deflate automatically?

7. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

deflates, wait a few min and go ride if you can

dobr24 likes this.
  8. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Thanks

9. damiankelly

damiankelly Well-Known Member

10. damiankelly

11. damiankelly

Did you open the black box the vest was fitted into.. it should be inside the slanted vest box.. two small boxes with cable and adapters. And manual...look into the package.

12. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

13. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I did! Nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member