1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wet feet on the street

Discussion in 'General' started by Smoky777, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Smoky777

Smoky777 Well-Known Member

Hi guys and girls. Good day!

I'm going on a street ride this weekend that may have us donning our raingear. That's really of no concern but my question is...

What do you folks use to keep your feet dry? I don't usually worry about my feet on wet track days, but I could see hours in the saddle on this trip. Any info, or even smart-a$$ comments, would be appreciated.

Muchas gracias,

John

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Waterproof boots.

3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

:stupid:

Alpinestars and Sidi both make a good set.

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

rubber boot covers

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. SPATT

SPATT In a gravel pit near you

If youre donning sandals already why not just toss on some trunks and leave the shirts at home too?:up:

:rolleyes:

6. 10MM

10MM Action Reaction

what BC said but before you donn them, put a plastic bag over your boot first. It will make installing/removing the rubber boot much easier :up:

7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

plastic bags over your socks inside of your riding boots. grogery bags work well.

8. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Ditto. my street boots are Oxtar Matrix, and they truly are 100% waterproof. I've ridden for many hours straight in torrential downpours, and the inside of those boots has never been so much as damp.

9. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

Just don't ride in the rain, no problem then.:D

10. rydfree

rydfree Well-Known Member

My regular riding boots with my leather pants leg over the outside instead of inside the boots . The ankle zipper on the pants doesn't zip up all the way but it zips far enough that water doesn't go down into the boot .

11. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I wear boots that have a goretex lining.

12. JoeB

JoeB Well-Known Member

John,

Long time no see. Barnett's has a pair of the waterproof Alpinestars on the shelf, (at least they did two weeks ago.)

Joe Bason

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Sidi Sympatex boots. Made it through the two-day, 1500-mile-long car wash riding home from the last time I went to see my sister in North Carolina.