1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We're going to Mayberry... recommendations?

Discussion in 'General' started by Smoky777, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Smoky777

Smoky777 Well-Known Member

Hi folks,

The GF and I are going to Mt Airy, NC for a day this weekend. Any suggestions/ recommendations on Bed and Breakfasts, Dining, and other nearby interests?

Thanks in advance!

John

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Keep in mind Barney was given a full clip and is a little trigger happy.

4. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

and he will "nip it in the bud":D

5. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Snappy Lunch if your an Andy Griffith fan.

Depends on how into Mayberry you are. There is Pilot Mountain if you'd like to enjoy a hike or just a pretty view about 15 miles south. Shelton Vineyards is nearby in Dobson offering some decent wine and beautiful grounds. There is Pilot Mountain (Mt. Pilot from the show) about 10 miles south which is quaint but not all that charming. You can take US52 North to the Blue Ridge Parkway which is a pretty nice drive. That's about all I can think of.

6. kevincg

kevincg Well-Known Member

Born there. Left there.

Not really much to offer for a full weekend. Walk downtown up and down Main St. Many of the older buildings, and curbs are made of granite. They have the largest open face granite quarry in the world. Pretty cool buildings.
    Snappy Lunch. Not really good, but it was in 1 episode so...

Pilot Mtn is pretty. You can go into town or visit the "knob".

Drive up 52 into VA. Eat at the Hungary Farmer. Go into Fancy Gap and ride along the B.R. Parkway.

By 3:00, your done.

Drive on over to Danville afterward and have some real fun.

7. Smoky777

Smoky777 Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Thanks for the good info! We'll only be there sunday, so i think we can keep busy. We're gonna stay at a B&B on Sat night, do a bit of Mayberry (maybe even the squad car tour) on Sunday, head back to Rolly in the aft. Thanks again!

-John

p.s. i thought Barney only had one bullet. But i sure won't be doing any mid-street u-turns, ha!

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Opie runs the town now!!!

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Gave him the full clip. Took the gun.