1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA west LVMS

Discussion in 'General' started by AFC, Jan 11, 2012.

1. AFC

AFC Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the wera west event at LVMS, Feb 11-12, has an open track day prior to the weekend?

Thanks

2. Shady

Shady Well-Known Member

Yes, contact Dale Kieffer at Racer's Edge (702) 257-3808

3. Goodwood

Goodwood Well-Known Member

How much practice time is available to racers in a two day event like this round? Is Saturday a pratice day with solo races in the afternoon?

This'll be my second race with WERA, after Fontana last weekend.

Any recommendations for a hotel for Saturday night?

Thanks- Scott Holmes

4. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

2 rounds of practice on Saturday followed by Solo20's

1 round of practice on Sunday followed by sprints

I called Dale last week and he confirmed a track day on Friday

5. Gehr

Gehr whAt mE woRRy?

Solo 20 races are a good for extra practice races on Saturday
    20 lap races that you can pull into the pits during to make adjustments or just to take a break for a lap or two if you need a breather
    There should be 2 rounds of practice on Sunday, unless there are some red flags during that 1st round which cause us to fall behind time wise
    Given sunset out there this time of year is around 4:40PM we have to push hard to stay on schedule to get all the races in before that sun goes away

I have stayed at several hotels, several motels & friends' houses out there but there is nothing I feel really comfortable recommending. The hotels always seem to have drunk yahoo's bouncing off the walls outside your room @ 3 or 4 AM which is not a cool thing during a race weekend.
    Motels near the track aren't exactly upscale, I think the best alternative is motels near the old downtown area
    They are only 8 miles or so away from the track & as long as you don't leave valuables in your truck/van you should be OK
    Remember the track has 24 hour security at the main gate surrounding the Classic Course. You can bring trucks & trailers in with bikes day & night but once the sun goes down you cannot leave the track with a race bike in your truck or van. Protocol seems to work so you can drop your stuff at your pit & lock up stuff as best you can & you should be OK. Get to know your neighbors who are spending the night at the track & let them know when you will leave & return and you have no friends that will be poking in your stuff after you leave. I would strongly advise you do not bring your bike to your hotel or motel as I have personally been involved in a vehicle theft at the Cannery Hotel on Craig's Road (Fastrack Riders Ford dually stolen from the hotel's parking structure the Saturday AM before a track day/race weekend).

Oh yeah, if at all possible I would ride that track day on Friday. That track is on the top of most racer's favorite tracks, very technical but with a few high speed areas thrown in. Given we run out there a few times a year that extra track time on Friday will get you the needed seat time which will help you for those April & November rounds. :Poke: